Heidi the cross-eyed opossum backs Natalie PortmanFebruary 24th, 2011 - 9:10 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Los Angeles, Feb 24 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Some future-predicting animals are getting all the attention these days. It was not long that Paul the Octopus thrilled the whole world with his ‘supernatural’ instincts.
Another creature, Heidi the cross-eyed opossum has become the latest sensation. Heidi is in a different prediction business than Paul. The creature has given its prediction on who is going to pick an Oscar this weekend.
The animal has been released every day since the Oscar nominations to select who the winner of a category is. The animal is released into a pen where statuettes of the stars for each particular category are placed. The first statuette that the animal will touch with its paw would be the winner of that category.
If that turns out to be correct then it means there is going to be an Oscar for Black Swan star Natalie Portman. The animal picked the star on Tuesday in the category of the Best Actress.
Paul the octopus during last summer’s FIFA World Cup successfully predicted all the matches that involved Germany and the final match.
- Germany's cross-eyed possum predicts top Oscar winners - Feb 24, 2011
- Cross Eyed Opossum to Predict Oscar Winners - Feb 12, 2011
- Cross eyed opossum is a star in Germany - Jan 12, 2011
- A Cross-Eyed Opossum Is The Latest German Animal To Captivate The World - Jan 12, 2011
- 'The King's Speech' big winner of Oscar evening - Feb 28, 2011
- Portman gives birth to baby boy - Jun 15, 2011
- Soccer Psychic "Paul The Octopus" Gets Memorial - Jan 21, 2011
- PETA Demands To Free Paul As Fifa World Cup 2010 Final Draws Close - Jul 11, 2010
- Animal Oracles Differ In 2010 World Cup Final Predictions! - Jul 11, 2010
- Germany's Oracle Octopus says Spain will win World Cup 2010 - Jul 09, 2010
- Portman 'honoured' by Oscar nomination - Jan 27, 2011
- Paul the Octopus' successor makes his hugely anticipated debut - Nov 07, 2010
- Spain bids for Paul the octopus - Jul 17, 2010
- Paul the Octopus gets a memorial in Germany - Jan 21, 2011
- Australia's Harry the croc matches octopus Paul in psychic ability - Jul 13, 2010