Heidi, Spencer Pratt torture allegations ‘untrue’, says jungle show sourceJune 8th, 2009 - 6:29 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Jun 8 (ANI): After allegations that Heidi and Spencer Pratt were “tortured” on the set of NBC’s ‘I’m a Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here!” emerged, a source close to the show has claimed that they were “untrue”.
The couple had returned back to the show three days after they quit, and they were put in a ‘Lost Chamber’ waiting for the NBC reality show’s cast to vote on their possible return.
During their 14 hours stay in the Costa Rican jungle’s “Lost Chamber” the pair were provided rations, but Montag, 22, reportedly fell ill with a stomach infection and had to be hospitalised.
When news of Montag’s hospitalisation in Costa Rica reached her sister-in-law, Stephanie Pratt, the allegations of torture came out.
“I’m really saddened to hear that nbc felt it was ok to punish speidi so harshly-and torture them as if they were criminals-that Heidi was…rushed to the hospital and has an IV in her arm after being locked in a dark room for 3 days w no food or water. Pls pray she will be ok,” Us magazine quoted Stephanie as having written on her Twitter page on June 6.
But an on-set source has denied that any sort of torture was meted out to the two.
“Any accusations that Spencer and Heidi were harmed are untrue,” the source said.
“There was no danger, no life-threatening situations — in fact, they were actually protected from the elements, unlike the other contestants.
“When they came out, they were happy and in good spirits,” the source stated.
In a statement, ITV Studios, which produces the series, confirms that a medic and doctor have been present at all times during filming.
“ITV has been producing this format around the world for many years and the health of the celebrity participants are of the utmost importance,” the statement read.
A source close to the couple said that they were relieved to have been released from the chamber.
“Of course they were in good spirits, they were happy to get out of there. There are always life-threatening situations [in the jungle]. There are snakes out there that can kill you! Anyone who has ever seen this show knows that,” the source added. (ANI)
- Heidi Montag And Spencer Pratt Split - May 29, 2010
- Heidi Montag, Spencer Pratt returning to jungle show - Jun 04, 2009
- 'Speidi' want Holly Montag and Sanjaya Malakar to have an affair - Jun 19, 2009
- Heidi Pratt, the reality TV star hospitalized - Jun 07, 2009
- Heidi Montag couldn't handle my fame, says Spencer Pratt - Jul 31, 2010
- Heidi Montag And Spencer Pratt Back Together? - Sep 15, 2010
- Is it splitsville for Heidi Montag, Spencer Pratt? - Jun 09, 2010
- Spencer Pratt and Heidi Montag faked split? - Jun 04, 2010
- Heidi Montag calls off divorce - Oct 01, 2010
- Heidi Montag, Spencer Pratt split - May 29, 2010
- Spencer Pratt, Heidi Montag making up split stories for fame and fortune - Jun 17, 2010
- Spencer Pratt finds Heidi Montag, Karissa Shannon's girl-on-girl sex tape - Aug 23, 2010
- Andy Cohen calls Heidi Montag 'trash, delusional' - Feb 14, 2011
- Heidi Montag Employs A Lawyer To Attain Divorce From Spencer Pratt - Jun 22, 2010
- Spencer Pratt stole my camera, says model - Aug 28, 2010
Tags: accusations, celebrity participants, criminals, heidi and spencer, heidi and spencer pratt, hospitalisation, itv, jungle, medic, nbc, pls, rations, reality show, sister in law, spencer and heidi, spirits, stephanie, stomach infection, torture allegations, utmost importance