Heidi Klum panned for slapping jobless German butcher with PS2k legal billFebruary 3rd, 2009 - 6:34 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb 03 (ANI): Supermodel Heidi Klum has come under fire for suing a jobless butcher who used her photo in an advertisement for a local dance without her permission.
Heinz Frank, 45, used an image he downloaded from the Internet when he produced the flier for a friend’’s dance in the German eastern city of Chemnitz.
However, Frank said it was an innocent mistake and that he had no idea who the woman in the picture was when he downloaded it.
Klum earns about 10 million pounds annually. Heinz, on the other hand, gets 300 pounds a month.
“I just thought she looked nice and would be appealing on the advertising leaflet. It was all harmless,” the Mirror quoted Heinz, as saying.
However, after Heidi’’s lawyers intervened, he was given the fine of 2000 pounds and a cease-and desist order by a court.
Many Germans are angry at what they perceive as Klums heavy-handed approach.
One actress, Jenny Elvers Elbertzhagen, stepped in to pay the money.
“He didn”t know it was her and didn”t make any money. So I really don”t understand why she’’s got so heated over such a trifle,” Jenny said. (ANI)
- Heidi Klum hits jobless butcher with 2,000 pounds bill - Feb 04, 2009
- Heidi Klum sues party promoter 143,000 for featuring her on flyer - Dec 01, 2008
- Klum unsure about marriage - Jul 05, 2012
- Heidi Klum's father sad about split - Jan 24, 2012
- Heidi Klum, Seal divorcing? - Jan 22, 2012
- Heidi's pricey legs insured for $2 mn - Sep 19, 2011
- Heidi Klum selling cookies - Mar 13, 2012
- Klum danced despite broken toe - Aug 20, 2012
- I feel so lucky to have found Seal: Heidi Klum - Sep 29, 2010
- Heidi Klum pole dances in new video - May 26, 2012
- Heidi Klum Comes Up With Her Fashion Label - Oct 11, 2010
- Heidi Klum talks about her "nice and spicy" sex life - Apr 08, 2010
- Heidi Klum, Seal in romantic reality show - Jun 06, 2010
- Klum ends Victoria's Secret deal - Sep 30, 2010
- Heidi flaunts Manish Arora's outfit at German TV show (With Image) - Jun 21, 2011
Tags: 10 million, actress, advertisement, advertising leaflet, bill london, cease and desist order, chemnitz, flier, german butcher, germans, heidi klum, heinz frank, innocent mistake, jenny elvers, jenny elvers elbertzhagen, lawyers, london feb, mirror, supermodel heidi klum, trifle