Heather Mills ‘lied about abuse by Paul McCartney’March 2nd, 2011 - 6:11 pm ICT by ANI
London, March 2 (ANI): Heather Mills lied about the ‘abuse’ she suffered at the hands of Paul McCartney when they were married, according to a lawsuit filed in the U.S.
The former soft porn model apparently made up allegations she was beaten up by the former Beatle during their troubled marriage, reports the Daily Mail.
Her claim that he was a drunk and abused drugs was also a lie, said the lawsuit.
Mills was famously branded a fantasist by the High Court judge who presided over her divorce hearing.
Now these claims could also potentially open the door to perjury charges should it be proved that she lied during the case.
However, Mills has denied any knowledge of a fresh lawsuit filed in the U.S.
“Parapluie Inc threatened to file a lawsuit against Heather Mills in 2008. Their allegations were unsubstantiated, a lawsuit was never filed and the matter was subsequently dropped,” a spokesman for the model said.
“We are unaware of any new lawsuit nor any reason for one,” the spokesman added.
Mills got divorced from McCartney in 2008 and was awarded a 24.3 million pounds settlement, far short of the 125million pounds she had been seeking.
During the court case papers filed by her lawyers made a series of lurid allegations against him including the claim he was a ‘vindictive’ man who once tried to choke her.
The 69-year-old was also said to have once stabbed Mills in the arm with a broken wine glass and drunk and used illegal drugs excessively.
But the new lawsuit accused Mills of making such claims up. (ANI)
- How Heather Mills tortured her ex-nanny with her diva-like demands - Mar 30, 2010
- Heather Mills hospitalized after skiing accident - May 13, 2011
- Heather Mills says Macca chased her for months - Feb 03, 2010
- Heather Mills celebrates winning legal battle over nanny's bully claims - Jun 05, 2010
- Heather Mills says 'losing leg was 20 times easier than losing Macca' - Jul 26, 2010
- Paul McCartney all set to marry Nancy Shevell - Sep 16, 2011
- Heather Mills says she treated ex-nanny 'like a daughter' - Mar 31, 2010
- Heather Mills to sell New York home - Feb 20, 2011
- Nancy Shevell's wedding dress designed by Stella McCartney - Oct 10, 2011
- Heather Mills to represent herself in suit filed by ex-nanny - Feb 23, 2009
- Heather Mills vows never to marry again - Feb 09, 2010
- Stella McCartney opens her first Adidas store - May 30, 2012
- Heather Mills considering adoption - May 26, 2010
- Heather Mills loves freedom after divorce from Macca - Jul 11, 2009
- Macca, Heather Mills 'bury the hatchet' for daughter's sake - Mar 22, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,