Heath Ledger’s last film to premiere at Cannes?April 24th, 2009 - 12:07 am ICT by IANS
London, April 23 (IANS) Late Australian actor Heath Ledger’s last film “The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus” is being touted to be at the Cannes Film Festival in mid-May, reports the Hollywood reporter’s blog risky biz.
The film will be released around autumn this year, though it is still in trouble as there are no distributors bidding for the movie in the US.
A Cannes screening, however, is expected to give media and fans a first look at the Terry Gilliam directed movie, which was midway through production when Ledger died unexpectedly in January 2008.
Actors like Johnny Depp, Colin Farrell and Jude Law had all stepped in to play different incarnations of Ledger’s role after the actor’s death.
Studio executives are apparently concerned about whether the surrealistic movie will draw a big audience and are waiting to see the complete film before deciding to bid for it.
- No takers for Heath Ledger's last film - Mar 13, 2009
- Ledger's relatives can't watch his movies - May 17, 2010
- Heath Ledger’s last role to be played by Johnny Depp, Colin Farrell & Jude Law - Dec 24, 2009
- Heath Ledger's last flick to premier at Cannes - Apr 30, 2009
- Ledger's final film "The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus" gets a buyer - Aug 13, 2009
- Gilliam recalls Ledger's last days on 'The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus' set - Oct 29, 2009
- Lily Cole owes acting career to late Heath Ledger - Sep 02, 2009
- Farrell to replace Depp in film on Quixote? - Aug 11, 2009
- Heath Ledger's last film to release in US - Aug 14, 2009
- Heath Ledger In His Last Role In "The Imagarium Of Doctor Parnassus" - Dec 24, 2009
- Johnny Depp privileged to replace Heath Ledger in new film - Dec 18, 2009
- Naomi Watts still too upset to watch ex-beau Ledger's final film - Jun 15, 2010
- Lily Cole signs 'Snow White and the Huntsman' - Jun 28, 2011
- Heath Ledger inspired Terry Gilliam to complete fantasy film - May 25, 2009
- Colin Farell signed for 'Fright Night' - May 11, 2010
Tags: actor heath, actors, audience, australian actor, autumn, blog, cannes film festival, colin farrell, heath ledger, hollywood, hollywood reporter, imaginarium, incarnations, johnny depp, jude law, last film, london, parnassus, studio executives, terry gilliam