Heath Ledger’’s family delighted by Golden Globe honourJanuary 12th, 2009 - 2:17 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Jan 12 (ANI): Late Heath Ledgers family is delighted after the actor won the Golden Globes Award for his portrayal of the Joker in Dark Knight.
The late actor won the award in the Best Actor in a Supporting Role category.
“We are overjoyed for him,” People magazine quoted his father Kim Ledger as saying.
“It’’s wonderful” that Heath was honoured for his role in the action flick, he added.
Ledger was unable to make to the award ceremony due to personal reasons.
Dark Knight director Christopher Nolan accepted the award for Ledger.
He said: “On behalf of all of us who worked with Heath on Dark Knight, I accept this with mix of sadness and incredible pride. He will be eternally missed but he will never be forgotten.” (ANI)
- No replacement for Heath Ledger's Joker role in Batman - Jun 07, 2010
- No replacement of Ledger in 'The Dark Knight' sequel - Jun 08, 2010
- Unseen footage of Heath Ledger to be used in next Batman movie? - Dec 02, 2010
- 'Brokeback Mountain' Star Heath Ledger's Apartment Up For Sale - Nov 20, 2010
- Anne Hathaway From Tiara To Catsuit In 'The Dark Knight Rises' - Jan 20, 2011
- When Joker made Batman cry - Jun 06, 2012
- No Heath Ledger In Dark Knight Rises - Dec 05, 2010
- No Joker In "Batman 3"? - Jul 17, 2010
- 'Dark Knight Rises' Make Batman Fans Expectant - Jan 20, 2011
- AR Rahman wins Golden Globe for ''Slumdog Millionaire'' - Jan 12, 2009
- Robin Williams Wishes To Be A Part Of "Batman" - Jun 30, 2010
- 'The Dark Knight Rises' To Present Anne Hathaway In New Avatar! - Jan 23, 2011
- 'The Dark Knight Rises' Not The Last Batman Movie For Christian Bale? - Jan 23, 2011
- Actor Tom Hardy To Be In Third Batman Movie - Oct 14, 2010
- Batman 3 movie title revealed - Oct 28, 2010
Tags: action flick, award ceremony, best actor, christopher nolan, dark knight, director christopher nolan, golden globe, golden globes award, heath ledger, heath ledgers, honour, joker, people magazine, personal reasons, portrayal, pride, sadness