Heath Ledger saw six minutes of The Dark Knight before his deathJanuary 20th, 2009 - 6:44 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Jan 20 (ANI): Late Aussie actor Heath Ledger was able to view six minutes of his acclaimed The Dark Knight performance before he passed away, it has emerged.
Ledger had been shown the clip by producer Charles Roven, while he was working in London for a screening of an edit director Christopher Nolan had cut for IMAX screens.
I showed Heath the first six minutes… the bank heist sequence, on an IMAX screen in London, Contactmusic quoted Roven as telling Entertainment Weekly magazine.
I said, You have to see this… He watched it, and it just blew his mind. He was so thrilled, he was just laughing. He said, I want to see it again.
We showed it to him again. That was the last time I saw him, he added.
The movie star died from an accidental overdose a year ago (22Jan09), months before The Dark Knight became an acclaimed box office hit. (ANI)
- 'Dark Knight Rises' prologue releaesed - Dec 10, 2011
- No replacement for Heath Ledger's Joker role in Batman - Jun 07, 2010
- Unseen footage of Heath Ledger to be used in next Batman movie? - Dec 02, 2010
- No replacement of Ledger in 'The Dark Knight' sequel - Jun 08, 2010
- When Joker made Batman cry - Jun 06, 2012
- 'The Dark Knight' sequel to hit screens in 2012 - May 02, 2010
- Anne Hathaway From Tiara To Catsuit In 'The Dark Knight Rises' - Jan 20, 2011
- 'The Dark Knight Rises' To Present Anne Hathaway In New Avatar! - Jan 23, 2011
- Sequel of 'The Dark Night' to Hit Screens in 2012 - May 03, 2010
- 'Brokeback Mountain' Star Heath Ledger's Apartment Up For Sale - Nov 20, 2010
- Shekar Kapur remembers Ledger, dines with Bloom - Jan 24, 2010
- Nolan announces 'Batman 3' title - Oct 28, 2010
- No Joker In "Batman 3"? - Jul 17, 2010
- Batman 3 movie title revealed - Oct 28, 2010
- Anne Hathaway Bags The Role Of Catwoman In The Dark Knight Rises - Jan 20, 2011
Tags: accidental overdose, actor heath, bank heist, box office, christopher nolan, dark knight, director christopher nolan, entertainment weekly, entertainment weekly magazine, heath ledger, imax screen, last time, movie star, producer charles, screens, six minutes, working in london