Heath Ledger In His Last Role In “The Imagarium Of Doctor Parnassus”December 24th, 2009 - 7:24 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Dec.24, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The creative input from the factory of Terry Gilliam on “The Imagarium of Doctor Parnassus” came to a sudden halt when the veteran actor Heath Ledger passed away after excessive consumption of prescribed drugs.
The infectious’ camaraderie’ that the director and the whole unit shared with the great actor made Terry Gilliam feel that it was the end of the project and he was in no mood to carry on with the movie. Heath Ledger did give his best shot before his unfortunate death and completed almost two-third portion of the film. The incredible trio who have been entitled to shoulder the responsibility of pulling of the character of “Tony” in three ‘avatars’ in Terry Gilliam’s flick- are the much sought after actors namely Johnny Depp, Colin Farell and Jude Law. There are certain aspects in the film which may sound preachy about the menacing footsteps of death, but the audience should take those as innuendos structured on the sudden demise of Heath Ledger. The dialogues were already being penned down, before the fatal incident took place.
The dear friends of Heath Ledger took up the challenge with modesty, sincerity and responsibility in equal dosage and tried their best to emote with great elan to carry off Ledger’s last role as per the need. Terry Gilliam has drafted a script with the idiosyncrasies of eccentrics delving in the wild, romantic and the world of fantasy. Due to its interesting concept and treatment, the response that the film will receive post its release is something to look out for surely.
- Heath Ledger’s last role to be played by Johnny Depp, Colin Farrell & Jude Law - Dec 24, 2009
- Ledger's relatives can't watch his movies - May 17, 2010
- Gilliam recalls Ledger's last days on 'The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus' set - Oct 29, 2009
- Lily Cole owes acting career to late Heath Ledger - Sep 02, 2009
- Colin Farell signed for 'Fright Night' - May 11, 2010
- Naomi Watts still too upset to watch ex-beau Ledger's final film - Jun 15, 2010
- Heath Ledger's last flick to premier at Cannes - Apr 30, 2009
- Heath Ledger's last film to premiere at Cannes? - Apr 24, 2009
- No takers for Heath Ledger's last film - Mar 13, 2009
- Heath Ledger inspired Terry Gilliam to complete fantasy film - May 25, 2009
- Ledger's final film "The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus" gets a buyer - Aug 13, 2009
- Ewan McGregor replaces Johnny Depp in Don Quixote film - May 19, 2010
- Farrell to replace Depp in film on Quixote? - Aug 11, 2009
- When Joker made Batman cry - Jun 06, 2012
- Johnny Depp privileged to replace Heath Ledger in new film - Dec 18, 2009
Tags: actor heath, camaraderie, colin farell, creative input, eccentrics, excessive consumption, great actor, heath ledger, innuendos, jude law, meena, modesty, parnassus, prescribed drugs, sudden demise, sudden halt, terry gilliam, unfortunate death, veteran actor, world of fantasy