Heartbroken Travolta speaks out for first time about sons deathJanuary 5th, 2009 - 1:24 pm ICT by ANI
London, January 5 (ANI): Heartbroken John Travolta and wife Jelly Preston have spoken of their grief on the death of their son Jett in their first public statement.
The couples 16-year-old son is thought to have died after hitting his head on a bathtub following a seizure in the familys holiday home, Old Bahama Bay resort, in the Bahamas.
Jett, who began suffering from seizures at the age of two, was a toddler when he was diagnosed with Kawasaki disease a condition which affects many organs, skin, mucous membranes, lymph nodes, and blood vessel walls, but the most serious effect is on the heart.
He was found unconscious in the bathroom on January 2 by caretaker Jeff Katharain, and later taken to Rand Memorial Hospital, Freeport, where he was pronounced dead.
Before the paramedics arrival, Travolta had administered CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation) an emergency medical procedure on his son, the most wonderful son that two parents could ever ask for.
“I did everything I could to keep him alive. I tried the kiss of life for about 20 minutes. I wouldn”t give up. The paramedics took over from me when they arrived, and they continued, the Telegraph quoted him as saying on his website.
The 54-year-old grieving father continued: “Jett lit up the lives of everyone he encountered. We are heartbroken that our time with him was so brief. We will cherish the time that we had with him for the rest of our lives.”
An autopsy is due to be performed on Jett to determine the cause of his death. (ANI)
- John Travolta says he did everything he could to keep Jett alive - Jan 05, 2009
- John Travolta tried to resuscitate son when he saw him lifeless on floor - Jan 04, 2009
- Travolta, wife begged son to wake up in ambulance - Jan 05, 2009
- John Travolta drops extortion charges - Sep 07, 2010
- Travoltas son could have been saved avoiding Scientologys anti-medicine theories, says activist - Jan 05, 2009
- Travolta refused medical aid for dying son - Sep 23, 2009
- John Travolta 'spoke to dead son about new baby in dream' - Aug 01, 2010
- John Travolta and wife Kelly to name baby boy 'Benjamin' - Nov 08, 2010
- I am the real victim, says alleged Travolta extortionist - Sep 16, 2010
- John Travoltas 16yr-old son dies in bath - Jan 03, 2009
- Billy Ray Cyrus offers condolences to devastated John Travolta, wife - Jan 06, 2009
- Scientology helped Travolta cope with son's death - Mar 30, 2010
- John Travolta poised to personally fly sons body home - Jan 06, 2009
- John Travolta, wife thank fans for support over sons death - Jan 05, 2009
- Autopsy on John Travolta''s son planned in Bahamas - Jan 04, 2009
Tags: bahama bay resort, bathtub, blood vessel walls, cardiopulmonary resuscitation, caretaker, familys, freeport, holiday home, jett, john travolta, kawasaki disease, kiss of life, lymph nodes, medical procedure, memorial hospital, old bahama bay, old bahama bay resort, paramedics, rest of our lives, sons death