Heartaches could be payback time: GibbMarch 12th, 2012 - 3:21 am ICT by IANS
London, March 12 (IANS) Singer Robin Gibb wonders whether the tragedies he suffered are a payback for his hugely successful career.
Gibb’s younger brother Andy died in 1980 and his twin Maurice passed away in 2003 following complications from a twisted intestine. Gibb has also been battling with cancer for the past 18 months.
“I sometimes wonder if the tragedies my family has suffered are a kind of karmic price for all the fame and fortune the Bee Gees have had. But we’ve worked hard for everything we’ve achieved,” he told The Sun newspaper.
He said: “I am not and never have been at death’s door. The illness, and the untimely death of my brothers, has made me conscious of the fact that - rather than just think about it - it’s crucial that you do today what you want to do. “I’ve got a sense of urgency about life, rather than withdrawing from it and feeling depressed.
“Now I know how precious time is, and that you can’t put it in the bank. So I intend to make the most of every single second of it that I’ve got left”.
- Robin Gibb 'recovering from emergency stomach surgery' - Sep 03, 2010
- 'Stayin' Alive' singer Robin Gibb dead - May 21, 2012
- Robin Gibb reveals how he almost died from a blocked intestine - Dec 21, 2010
- Bee Gees singer Robin Gibb dies of cancer - May 22, 2012
- Robin Gibb to continue tour despite major surgery - Oct 31, 2010
- Sky presenter Steve Dixon makes a blunder over Bee Gee's - Oct 11, 2010
- Robin Gibb in coma - Apr 14, 2012
- Robin Gibb is battling liver cancer - Nov 21, 2011
- Bee Gees on life, music without brother Maurice - Nov 02, 2009
- Robin Gibb's death was caused by kidney failure - May 28, 2012
- "Sky News" Presenter Steve Dixon Blunders Over 'Bee Gees' Brothers - Oct 11, 2010
- Bee Gee singers reveal their feud - Nov 03, 2009
- Dad died of kidney failure: Robin Gibb's son - May 27, 2012
- Bee Gees to reunite for live shows - Sep 08, 2009
- Surviving Bee Gees to reunite for live shows - Sep 08, 2009