Health fears not behind Kylie’s cancelled tour

November 14th, 2007 - 8:30 am ICT by admin  
Warner Music spokeswoman Kylie Martin said that Minogue’s management has revealed that how can the pop star cancel a tour when there isn’t any.

“There was never a tour to start with. Any rumours of a tour in 2008 are untrue to start with and that’s come from her management,” Smh.com.au quoted Martin, as saying.

Britain’s The Daily Mail claimed that the 39-year-old singer shelved plans to go on a tour due to fears it could damage her health.

The newspaper reported that Minogue, who recently beat breast cancer, had planned to discuss tour dates with an adviser.

However, it claimed that she scrapped the plan on the advice of her doctors.

“The tour is not going to happen, it is far too soon. I can’t do it next year. It kind of breaks my heart because that is what I’m in this business for,” the paper quoted her as saying.

“Not being able to go ahead with my plans is a real downer.

“Every woman has to face up to new priorities; near the top is health. I take my health very seriously but not obsessively. Everything is about pacing yourself,” she added.

Martin said the Aussie singer and her management were focussing on the release of her new album, due in stores on November 24.

“I’m not sure what her plans are after that. At the moment we’re concentrating on the release of her album,” she said.

“When we know what she’s doing in 2008 we’ll let everyone know,” she added.

After the London premiere last month of a documentary about Minogue titled ‘White Diamond,’ the Sun newspaper quoted the singer’s personal stylist William Baker as saying that the pop star was planning to embark on a world tour days after her 40th birthday next May.

“I’m heading back into the studio with Kylie in February to start training for the tour we want to do in June,” he said. (ANI)

Related Stories

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Posted in Entertainment |

Subscribe