‘He-Man’ to mark a big-screen comebackNovember 25th, 2008 - 9:37 pm ICT by IANS
New York, Nov 25 (IANS) Warner Bros. and Hollywood film producer Joel Silver are working together to turn comic book superhero “He-Man and the Masters of the Universe” into a live-action film.While Justin Marks is set to write the script, “Kung Fu Panda” director Kevin Stevenson has put his best foot forward to helm the film, reports thehollywoodnews.com.
The film will start shooting next year for a summer 2010 release.
However, the first big screen incarnation of the superhero titled “Masters of the Universe” was a flop in 1987 and starred Dolph Lundgren as the title character and Frank Langella as his nemesis Skeletor.
- 'Kung Fu Panda' co-director to helm live-action 'He-Man' movie - Jan 31, 2009
- New He-Man film in the pipeline - Jan 31, 2009
- Warner Brothers pulls out of 'He-Man' film - Sep 11, 2009
- Tom Hanks to play Major Matt Mason - Mar 25, 2009
- 'Hangover Part II' tops US box office - May 30, 2011
- 'Kung Fu Panda 2' breaks China records, earns 11 mn pounds - Jun 06, 2011
- China's kung fu town to build global martial arts conglomerate - Aug 04, 2011
- Brangelina's kids don't find them cool - Dec 09, 2011
- DreamWorks China venture to produce first animation film - Mar 20, 2012
- 'Kung Fu Panda 2' - double the delight (IANS Movie Review - Rating: ****) - May 27, 2011
- 'Kung Fu Panda 2' to be released in 3D in 2011 - Oct 07, 2008
- Warner Bros. planning Yogi Bear feature - Oct 11, 2008
- 'Rango' named best animated feature film at Oscars - Feb 27, 2012
- James Cameron to co-produce 3D film in China - Aug 09, 2012
- Bachchans on rare family outing to watch 'Kung Fu Panda 2' - Jun 01, 2011
Tags: best foot, director kevin, dolph lundgren, frank langella, he man and the masters of the universe, hollywood film producer, joel silver, kevin stevenson, masters of the universe, producer joel silver