Hazare’s is the most secular movement: Shekhar KapurAugust 22nd, 2011 - 3:37 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 22 (IANS) Internationally acclaimed filmmaker Shekhar Kapur feels that ‘Anna Movement’ is the most secular movement in the history of independent India.
“Anna Hazare is the most secular movement in the history of independent India. Attempts 2 brand it otherwise r provoked by personal interests,” Kapur posted on micro-blogging site Twitter.
“PPl who support Anna are also those that had accepted that corruption was an inevitable part of life. They now see it is not. PPl of India have accepted corruption as integral part of life. Finally Anna is changing that so we live freely, (sic)” he further posted.
The 65-year-old, who made films like “Bandit Queen” and “Elizabeth”, also thanked the social activist for bringing the revolution.
“Ppl of India have walked with chains of corruption around der feet. Finally they walk free on streets. Thank u Anna. For thousands of PPl on streets it’s like coming out of the dark ages of corruption (sic),” he added.
Activist Anna Hazare’s fast for a strong anti-corruption bill continued for the seventh day Monday.
- Bollywood gung-ho over Hazare's victory - Apr 09, 2011
- Bollywood continues to support Anna Hazare's movement - Apr 08, 2011
- Bollywood condemns Hazare's detention - Aug 16, 2011
- Celina at Azad Maidan to support Anna - Aug 21, 2011
- Bollywood extends support to Anna Hazare - Apr 06, 2011
- Bollywood hails Anna Hazare's success - Apr 09, 2011
- Bollywood hails Anna Hazare's victory; terms it a new dawn - Aug 28, 2011
- Indians in US rally in support of Hazare's crusade - Apr 09, 2011
- Netizens joyful, sceptical after Anna breaks fast - Apr 09, 2011
- Don't visit Pakistan: Shiv Sena tells Hazare - Sep 22, 2011
- Nusrat brought me closer to god: Shekhar Kapur - Nov 06, 2011
- Bollywood twitterati condemns crackdown on Ramdev - Jun 05, 2011
- Anna set for fast, politicians hit back (Evening Lead) - Dec 26, 2011
- Anna Hazare says his struggle against corruption will continue - Apr 09, 2011
- Film fraternity came out in full strength to support Anna's movement - Aug 28, 2011