Hayek wanted to be single parentApril 21st, 2012 - 8:38 am ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, April 21 (IANS) Actress Salma Hayek admits she wanted to be a single parent and that she considered adoption before meeting her husband, businessman Francois-Henri Pinault.
“I was trying to figure out how to have a child on my own. I came to terms with saying, ‘(Love) might not happen, and I have to be okay with that’,” femalefirst.co.uk quoted Hayek as saying.
“Then someone came along whom I never would have pictured or thought I would have wanted. He was completely out of my box. Even though I was not looking, I was present and I was open. I am the luckiest person I know,” she added.
The couple tied the knot in 2009. They have a daughter named Valentina.
- Salma won't go under the knife - Oct 13, 2011
- I like financial independence: Salma - Oct 07, 2011
- Salma Hayek dresses for billionaire hubby - Apr 03, 2012
- Salma Hayek proud of Mexican roots - Aug 25, 2012
- Hayek takes husband's last name - May 16, 2010
- Bikini-clad Salma Hayek's beach outing with daughter - Dec 30, 2010
- Hayek was about to quit acting - Aug 27, 2012
- Salma is proud of being a housewife - May 23, 2011
- Salma Hayek to take up hubby's last name - May 16, 2010
- Family my priority now: Salma Hayek - Jun 17, 2010
- Salma Hayek shows off her assets during night out in LA - Sep 01, 2010
- Salma Hayek's husband has a secret love child - Jul 03, 2011
- Salma Hayek gives up space travel dream for daughter - May 15, 2010
- Salma Hayek gives up space travel dream for baby - May 15, 2010
- Salma Hayek to eat oysters for Christmas - Oct 24, 2009