Having kids is very addictive, says Cate BlanchettJune 30th, 2008 - 6:50 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, June 30 (ANI): Having kids may be the most wonderful experience for many women, but for Cate Blanchett its much more than that - an addiction.
While attending the Australian premiere of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull at the Greater Union Cinemas in Sydney May 21, 2008, the actress who recently gave birth to third son Ignatius Martin with her husband Andrew Upton said that the couple can’t wait to further expand their brood.
“Having kids is very addictive, if you can, if you’re able to and it’s your choice and you’ve got a supportive relationship,” China Daily quoted Blanchett, as saying.
The Aussie actress, who also has sons Dashiell John, six, and four-year-old Roman Robert with Andrew, said that becoming a mother has made her a better person and improved her life considerably.
“You realise how much love you’re actually capable of. It’s like more doors open in your personality that you didn’t even realise were there. “It’s a trip, being a parent, a privilege - even though it means you get a lot less sleep,” she said. (ANI)
- Blanchett wants to be mother more than friend - May 07, 2011
- Blanchett takes kids to work - Jul 28, 2012
- Blanchett welcomes criticism from husband - May 18, 2010
- Cate Blanchett loves doing household chores - Nov 28, 2009
- Cate Blanchett would love to have more children - May 11, 2009
- Cate Blanchett's fitness mantra - Jun 24, 2010
- Cate Blanchetts hubby names himself the hand - Oct 25, 2008
- Cate Blanchett and hubby put environmental conservation as first priority - Sep 06, 2010
- Cate Blanchett supports rainwater harvesting - Sep 04, 2011
- Cate Blanchett, hubby credited with transforming Sydney Theatre Company - Jan 04, 2010
- Cate Blanchett calls for improvements in Sydney for theatre - Mar 10, 2011
- Blanchett not patient enough to direct films - Mar 01, 2012
- Blanchett extends contract with Sydney theatre - Jan 03, 2010
- Selma Blair says she has darker side - Jun 25, 2012
- Cate Blanchett and Andrew Upton extend stay at Sydney Theatre Company - Jan 01, 2010
Tags: actress, addiction, andrew upton, becoming a mother, better person, brood, cate blanchett, china daily, crystal skull, dashiell, doors, greater union cinemas, husband andrew, indiana jones, New Delhi, personality, privilege, sleep, supportive relationship, sydney