Hathaway’s accent changes in new movieAugust 22nd, 2011 - 8:03 am ICT by IANS
London, Aug 22 (IANS) Actress Anne Hathaway insists the accent changes in Lone Scherfig’s “One Day” were deliberate in order to reflect her alter ego’s changing experiences.
The 28-year-old, who portrays Emma Morley in the movie, explained that she wanted her dialect to alter over the course of the film to portray the fact that her alter ego had moved from Yorkshire to London.
“The movie is different than the book, but I tried to get as much of Emma from the book into the movie-just little things here and there. One of the things was the accent,” femalefirst.co.uk quoted Hathway as saying.
“I wanted to make sure that the accent changed over the course of the movie, and that it wasn’t just a standard Yorkshire - I don’t know if that even exists-or a standard London accent. I wanted to make sure that the accent grew with her. How it was affected by her education, by where she was working, who she was hanging out with,” she added.
- Anne Hathaway criticized for her accent in 'One Day' - Aug 19, 2011
- Hathaway felt pressure while filming 'One Day' - Sep 11, 2011
- Getting nude easier than mastering Brit accent: Hathaway - Aug 24, 2011
- Anne Hathaway Is All Set To Star In New Cinderella Story - Jun 16, 2010
- Emma Watson owns 20 Bibles - Aug 25, 2012
- Obama praises Hathaway, says she was best in 'Dark Knight' - Aug 07, 2012
- Is Emma Watson going to star in 'Fifty Shades of Grey'? - Aug 01, 2012
- Tannishtha mastered Kutchi dialect, thanks to local teacher (With Image) - Aug 07, 2012
- Maguire's supportive message to 'Spider-Man' replacement - Dec 31, 2010
- Hathaway delays wedding for work - Apr 16, 2012
- When Hathaway thought of living with a cat - Aug 21, 2011
- Hathaway protects Gyllenhaal from 'nosy' questions over Taylor romance - Nov 10, 2010
- Few of my ex-boyfriends are gay: Hathaway - Aug 19, 2011
- Emma Stone may join 'The Gangster Squad' - Jul 28, 2011
- Eva Green still takes acting classes - Jun 24, 2011