Haryana Olympians rewarded with Govt. jobsAugust 22nd, 2008 - 10:12 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Aug 22 (ANI): The four players of Haryana, who had reached quarterfinals of their respective events at Beijing Olympics would be rewarded by appointment as Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP).
Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Friday announced the rewards in recognition of their significant achievement at the Beijing Olympics.
While speaking to reporters in New Delhi, Hooda said that a boxing academy would be established in Bhiwani and a wrestling academy would be set up at an appropriate place in Haryana.
He also announced a cash reward of 50 lakh rupees to Vijender Kumar, a boxer hailing from Bhiwani, Haryana, for winning a bronze medal in Olympics.
Further, a cash award of 25 lakh rupees was announced by Hooda to boxers Akhil Kumar and Jitender Kumar and wrestler Yogeshwar Dutt, all three players of Haryana, who had reached quarter finals at Beijing Olympics.
Hooda also announced a reward of Rs 25 lakh to Jagdish Singh, the boxing coach of Haryana, as a mark of respect for the coaching imparted by him to the boxers.
The Haryana Chief Minister was appreciative of the performance of players from his state at the Beijing Olympics and hoped that as a result of the incentives being given to the players, they would win more medals in the forthcoming 2010 Commonwealth Games and bring laurels to the state and the country. (ANI)
- Haryana Police to give Rs. 51 lakh to Yogeshwar Dutt - Aug 23, 2012
- Haryana doubles cash rewards for Rio - Aug 26, 2012
- Olympians with Haryana connection earn millions - Aug 12, 2012
- Olympic winners get rewards, cars - Aug 26, 2012
- Haryana Olympics players to get over Rs.6.5 crore - Aug 16, 2012
- Deepinder Hooda wants sports university in Haryana - Nov 30, 2010
- Haryana grooms sporting talent for India's future - Nov 29, 2010
- Haryana announces Rs.2 crore for gold in London Olympics - Nov 01, 2010
- Haryana announces Rs.1.5 crore reward, land for Sushil - Aug 12, 2012
- Olympics quarterfinalists from Haryana made police officers - Aug 22, 2008
- Cash, cars, mobile phones, ghee - Haryana CWG winners take it all! - Oct 30, 2010
- Haryana assures top sportspersons of jobs - Jun 30, 2011
- After dream medal, marriage on cards for Yogeshwar (Lead, Combining London/Chandigarh stories) - Aug 12, 2012
- Haryana's Olympians to get Rs.11 lakh reward - Jun 01, 2012
- Haryana government felicitates Asian Games athletes - Dec 22, 2010