Harvey Keitel To Replace Steve Carell On “The Office”?September 3rd, 2010 - 7:10 pm ICT by GD
By Madhuri Dey
Sep 3, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Although there is no denying the fact that every other day a name pops up as a fitful replacement for Steve Carell in “The Office”, the name of Harvey Keitel as a replacement of Steve Carell seems to have some credibility behind it. As per reports, Paul Lieberstein, who plays the role of Toby on the show and is also the executive producer of “The Office”, has mentioned that Harvey Keitel is probably the “only guy who can do it [the role of Steve Carell]“. Although the executive producer has maintained that the shows producers have not yet talked to the representative of the star, fans of Harvey Keitel are eager to see the “tough guy” step into the shoes of Steve Carell in “The Office”.
Paul Lieberstein has mentioned in front of a reputed media source that Harvey Keitel is a fitful actor who can do justice to the role played by Steve Carell. Although it was an opinion of Paul Lieberstein, the executive producer held that the Harvey Keitel was still into the acting profession and has made some recent television appearances. The executive producer maintained that he had seen the works of Harvey Keitel and it is some of the subtleties in his performance that had made the former think him as the apt choice.
However, Paul Lieberstein maintained that the veteran actor has not been approached with the role as of yet. He seemed confident about the fact that the actor will be able to do justice to the role as he possesses a very “different energy”. Steve Carell announced recently that the show’s upcoming seventh season will be his last.
- Harvey Keitel Could Substitute Steve Carell In 'The Office' - Sep 03, 2010
- Is Harvey Keitel going to replace Steve Carrel in 'The Office' ? - Sep 03, 2010
- Producers of 'The Office' Want Harvey Keitel Replacing Steve Carell - Sep 03, 2010
- 'Office: the Movie' coming out soon - Sep 04, 2010
- Will Ferrell to enter The Office along the lines of Steve Carell - Jan 27, 2011
- Colin Farrell genius: 'Total Recall' producer - Jul 16, 2012
- Steve Carell receives sixth Emmy award nomination - Jul 18, 2011
- Steve Carell Not Sure If He Is Funny - Sep 14, 2010
- Steve Carell: 'The Daily Show is too cruel' - Aug 03, 2012
- Harvey Keitel completes shooting for Indian movie 'Against Itself' - Apr 21, 2011
- Will Ferrell To Guest Star In NBC's "The Office" - Jan 28, 2011
- Applegate in 'Anchorman 2' - Jun 22, 2012
- 'Dinner For Schmucks': A Breezy Comedy With Adult Innuendo - Jul 31, 2010
- Robert De Niro feels freer doing comedy - Dec 18, 2010
- Actor Ricky Gervais to do a cameo in "The Office" - Jan 20, 2011
Tags: apt choice, credibility, dey, executive producer, harvey keitel, madhuri, media source, paul lieberstein, producers, profession, shoes, steve carell, subtleties, television appearances, tough guy, veteran actor