Harry Wappler, The Famous KIRO TV Weather Broadcaster Dies At 73April 22nd, 2010 - 7:50 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Seattle, Apr 22, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Harry Wappler, the former KIRO TV meteorologist has died on Wednesday at Overlake Hospital. He was 73 years old and according to reports died after suffering a stroke on Tuesday night. The news of the death of the meteorologist was confirmed to the media by KIRO TV. KIRO 7 Vice President and General Manager Eric Lerner sent e-mails to the employees of KIRO 7 on Wednesday where he declared the sad news saying that the KIRO 7 team has lost one of its “truly special gem” and that though Harry Wappler is no more, the connection between KIRO and Harry Wappler will always remain. The details of the funeral arrangements are still not known.
KIRO TV shared a long association with Harry Wappler. The latter has acted as a weather broadcaster for the KIRO TV for 33 years before he retired in 2002. He was most prominent and well known face of the weather coverage team of KIRO TV who was able to make people laugh even while broadcasting a weather report. He joined the television channel in 1969.
On Wednesday, KIRO 7 news anchor Steve Raible, a long-time friend and co-worker of Harry Wappler, said that the latter was not only a mere forecaster of the day’s weather but also with his unique way and charm led the viewers feel that “tomorrow would always be better”. He praised Harry Wappler as being the funniest, kindest and the gentle souls that he has ever met. He also maintained that Harry Wappler took the responsibility he was endowed with seriously all through his life and that the whole team will miss him.
- US agents seen carousing in El Salvador: Report - Apr 27, 2012
- 'Deadliest Catch' captain's son arrested for DUI - Feb 20, 2010
- UAE's YahLive network launches sports channel - Aug 08, 2012
- 3-year-old kicked off from flight for refusing to wear his seatbelt - May 31, 2012
- All clear at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport after suspicious bag - May 06, 2010
- Weather girl denies using word 'rape' while telling cops about attack - Dec 19, 2010
- Fans Remember Dave Niehaus, The Voice Of The Seattle Mariners - Nov 12, 2010
- House series ends to a befitting finale - May 22, 2012
- Biggest wave recorded off Ireland's coast - Dec 14, 2011
- Microsoft's Steve Ballmer becomes part of Seattle group pushing for NBA arena - Jun 14, 2012
- Seattle Weather Extremely Hot, Heat Warning Issued - Aug 18, 2010
- Maggie Rodriguez, Harry Smith and Dave Price Replaced From CBS's "The Early Show" - Dec 02, 2010
- Elizabeth Taylor showcases Richard Burton's love letters - Jun 02, 2010
- Writer Nora Ephron passes away - Jun 27, 2012
- US teacher accused of having sex with teen student - Mar 23, 2011
Tags: 33 years, broadcaster, co worker, coverage team, eric lerner, forecaster, funeral arrangements, gentle souls, harry wappler, kiro 7 news, kiro tv, long time friend, lost one, news anchor, sad news, television channel, tv meteorologist, tv weather, weather coverage, weather report