Harry Potter stars to ‘age’ with Benjamin Button technology for final filmApril 27th, 2009 - 2:17 pm ICT by ANI
London, April 27 (ANI): Young actors of the Harry Potter series will have their age digitally advanced for the final film using the same technology as in ‘The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button’.
Producer David Heyman and director David Yates revealed they had previously considered swapping Daniel Radcliffe, 19, Emma Watson, 19, and Rupert Grint, 20, for older actors.
But the pair dropped the idea after watching the effects of the Academy Award winning technology in the film starring Brad Pitt as Benjamin Button.
The duo have now decided to turn to the same special effects for the epilogue at the end of Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Part Two, which takes place 19 years later when the teen wizards are in their late 30s.
“We were looking at different ways of doing it, other actors and so on,” the Daily Express quoted Heyman as saying.
“And then we saw The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button and that ageing technology so I think we’ll try that because I’d feel terrible about having other people take those parts at the last gasp,” he added. (ANI)
- 'Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows' Part 1 Gets Positive Reviews - Nov 19, 2010
- 'Harry Potter...Deathly Hallows 2' - a shallow end (IANS Film Review) - Jul 15, 2011
- Emma Watson Returns To What She Is Best At, Playing Hermione Granger - Dec 22, 2010
- Preview Of Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part I: Creepy And Nerve-Racking - Nov 13, 2010
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Box Office: Crown was its destiny - Nov 22, 2010
- Harry Potter franchise to be honoured at this year's BAFTA awards - Feb 04, 2011
- Harry Potter casts' screen test revealed - Jun 08, 2011
- Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson spice up Potter filming with on-set races - Jul 13, 2010
- Daniel Radcliffe 'Wealthiest British Star Under 30' - Nov 30, 2010
- Movie Review: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 - Nov 20, 2010
- Emma Watson 'had to grit her teeth during Potter kissing scenes' - Oct 23, 2010
- Radcliffe tops British rich list - Dec 01, 2010
- Rupert Grint Goes All Out To Promote Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Sep 22, 2010
- Harry Potter movie studio tour to open in 2012 - Mar 05, 2011
- Daniel Radcliffe Caught Stealing A Golden Egg! - Nov 13, 2010
Tags: 19 years, academy award, brad pitt, curious case of benjamin button, daily express, daniel radcliffe, david heyman, david yates, director david, emma watson, epilogue, film london, harry potter and the deathly hallows, harry potter series, last gasp, rupert grint, special effects, teen wizards, winning technology, young actors