Harry Potter series set to be most successful franchise in movie historyNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:28 am ICT by admin
The first five films in the series have already grossed 2.5 billion pounds, but Warner Bros. reveal that with DVD sales included, the franchise will be worth 5 billion pounds by 2010, reports the Daily Snack.
‘Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix’ released this year, grossed 320m pounds worldwide in three months.
The next movie, Half-Blood Prince, will open on November 21 next year and the final film, Deathly Hallows, is due in 2010.
As compared to this, the Bond films have made 2.18bn pounds, while the six Star War films have made 2.08bn pounds.
However, the figures are not adjusted for inflation.
Overall, the two long-running series have sold more tickets than the Potter films. (ANI)
- Warner Bros gifts diamond bracelet to Rowling - Jul 21, 2011
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows spreads its charm on the box office - Nov 22, 2010
- 'Harry Potter' breaks US midnight box office record - Jul 16, 2011
- 'Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows - Part 2' shatters several box office records - Jul 18, 2011
- Harry Potter finale makes history with four opening records - Jul 18, 2011
- 'Transformers: Dark of the Moon' grosses revenue of $1 billion - Aug 03, 2011
- New flick may make 'Harry Potter' one of the most successful franchises - Jul 08, 2009
- 'Harry Potter' franchise crosses $7 bn mark - Jul 22, 2011
- 'Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows Part 1' grosses $657 million - Mar 11, 2011
- 'Harry Potter...Deathly Hallows 2' - a shallow end (IANS Film Review) - Jul 15, 2011
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows earn $330.1 million worldwide during first weekend - Nov 23, 2010
- No 3-D format for upcoming Harry Potter film - Oct 09, 2010
- 'Deathly Hallows Part 1' Gets Leaked On Internet - Nov 19, 2010
- 'Toy Story 3' top-grossing film of 2010 - Jan 07, 2011
- Final Harry Potter to get biggest send-off at Trafalgar Square - Mar 02, 2011
Tags: bond films, flicks, franchise, half blood prince, harry potter and the order of the phoenix, harry potter series, inflation, james bond movies, order of the phoenix, reveal, snack, star war, star wars, three months, war films, warner bros