Harry Potter, Johnny Depp make specs look cool for Scottish kidsNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:24 am ICT by admin
In stark contrast, it was revealed that children who wore glasses in the 1980s suffered the worst bullying.
Two-thirds of adults in Scotland admitted that children were teased or bullied for wearing glasses when they were at school.
Dr Susan Blakeney, from the College of Optometrists, said that children don’t tease each other for wearing glasses.
“Cultural icons such as Harry Potter and Johnny Depp, has led to children no longer seeing glasses as a reason to tease each other,” the Scotsman quoted her, as saying. (ANI)
- Wearing glasses 'can boost your job prospects' - Jan 04, 2011
- J K Rowling's handwritten Potter pages to be displayed at book festival - Sep 19, 2010
- Sunbed-lovers 'risking their eyesight by failing to wear protective goggles' - Aug 17, 2010
- JK Rowling among most influential women in Scotland - Mar 22, 2010
- Stewart bullied for hairy legs - Jun 26, 2012
- Scottish thieves prefer Jacqueline Wilson' books to JK Rowling's - Apr 03, 2010
- Scottish schoolgirls forced into net porn by boyfriends - Mar 08, 2011
- Johnny Depp likes wearing skirts - Feb 27, 2010
- Look up and find bespectacled Bollywood stars on screen! - Sep 24, 2010
- Kate Middleton 'quit her first public school because she was bullied' - Apr 03, 2011
- Johnny Depp likes wearing skirts! - Feb 27, 2010
- 'Harry Potter' fan to auction Rowling's boots - Sep 20, 2011
- Kids who sing, dance 'are more likely to engage in cultural activity as adults' - Dec 18, 2010
- Fans dress in cloaks, hats to theatres for Potter farewell - Jul 16, 2011
- Bangladesh students protest against rampant 'eve teasing, sexual harassment of women ' - Nov 04, 2010