Harry Potter has changed JK Rowling’s life and looksNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:52 am ICT by admin
A friend of the 42-year-old said that the writer’s stunning new look is the result of healthy living and professional makeup artistry.
The friend also revealed that in order to shed weight and get better skin. Rowling has quit bad habits like regular fried breakfasts and black coffee.
“She says she feels [like] a million dollars. She has cut out all saturated fats, E-numbers [food additive codes] and red meat from her diet and has cut right back on drink. And she is jogging and doing yoga and Pilates at home,” the New York Daily News quoted the friend, as telling Britain’s Daily Mail.
Rowling’s recent appearances fuelled speculations that she might have gone under the knife, but leading plastic surgeons ruled out the theory, saying that the writer must have benefited from noninvasive and little laser treatments like Botox and PhotoFacial.
“Some clients spend as much as 5,000 to 10,000 dollars a year on noninvasive treatments to maintain youthful skin, which may include Botox and Restylane to eradicate wrinkles and laser treatments such as the PhotoFacial to reverse sun damage,” New York cosmetic dermatologist Dr. Paul Frank said.
Even Rowling’s friend didn’t deny the writer may have had Botox treatments, saying simply, “Who hasn’t, after all?”
The friend added that the magic factor behind the glamorous new Rowling is “good makeup, applied professionally,” and her revamped wardrobe.
According to celebrity stylist Mary Alice Stephenson, all these services don’t come cheap.
“Having a professional makeup artist come to you before an event can cost 500 to 3,000 dollars. A senior stylist may charge 6,000 to 10,000 dollars a day,” Stephenson said.
“A lot of successful women … hire someone to redesign their wardrobe, so whatever they put on for the next six months is going to work. She (Rowling) always had this kind of like hippy, Woodstock-y thing going on … She looks much more pulled together now,” she added. (ANI)
- Before V-Day, it's salon visit for women - Feb 13, 2012
- Surgeons weigh in on Demi Moore's 'youthful' looks - Apr 17, 2010
- First day, first show: Freshers spruce up with cosmetic treatments - Jul 21, 2012
- Nocedure-the better botox sans the telltale signs - Dec 29, 2010
- Here comes the - botox - bride - Jul 13, 2012
- Daniel Radcliffe 'was worried about new Potter book rumours' - Apr 27, 2011
- Botox, facial fillers help old stars to look young - Apr 19, 2011
- Dracula therapy: Fighting ageing with your own blood - Nov 16, 2011
- What keeps Kim Kardashian glowing? - Jul 07, 2011
- Chinese youth turn metrosexual - Nov 20, 2011
- Forever young - more men opting for Botox - Oct 25, 2010
- Fashion week around, models go for quick fix treatments - Sep 17, 2010
- J.K. Rowling wins Hans Christian Andersen Literature Prize - Oct 20, 2010
- Botox brides! To wed, 30 plus women visit cosmetic clinics - Dec 04, 2010
- Woman kills self over skin condition - Aug 17, 2012
Tags: 1 billion dollars, better skin, botox treatments, celebrity stylist, e numbers, have benefited from, jk rowling, laser treatments, mail, mary alice, new york daily news, photofacial, professional makeup artist, professional makeup artistry, restylane, saturated fats, successful women, wardrobe, yoga and pilates, youthful skin