‘Harry Potter’ breaks US midnight box office recordJuly 16th, 2011 - 2:06 pm ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, July 16 (IANS) “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2″, the final movie of the popular boy wizard, has set a new US box office record after raking in $43.5 million dollars from midnight screenings alone.
The movie was released across the US Friday midnight.
Contactmusic.com reports that Warner Bros. studio bosses were also bracing for a big showing this weekend. According to industry insiders’ prediction, the new Potter film could also surpass the US opening weekend record of $158 million.
Since 2001’s “Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone”, the Harry Potter movies have earned more than $6 billion in global revenue.
- Harry Potter finale makes history with four opening records - Jul 18, 2011
- 'Harry Potter' franchise crosses $7 bn mark - Jul 22, 2011
- Producers sue over Harry Potter condoms - Aug 20, 2010
- Warner Bros gifts diamond bracelet to Rowling - Jul 21, 2011
- 'Transformers: Dark of the Moon' grosses revenue of $1 billion - Aug 03, 2011
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Box Office: Crown was its destiny - Nov 22, 2010
- Fans dress in cloaks, hats to theatres for Potter farewell - Jul 16, 2011
- 'Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows - Part 2' shatters several box office records - Jul 18, 2011
- No 3-D format for upcoming Harry Potter film - Oct 09, 2010
- 'Boardwalk Empire' star, teen actors 'added to cast of final 'Potter' movie' - Dec 29, 2010
- Now Harry Potter to release in 3D! - Feb 04, 2010
- 'Deathly Hallows Part 1' Gets Leaked On Internet - Nov 19, 2010
- No more Harry Potter for Radcliffe! - Jul 12, 2011
- Harry Potter movie studio tour to open in 2012 - Mar 05, 2011
- Tom Felton got emotional - Apr 01, 2012
Tags: 5 million, boy wizard, harry potter, harry potter and the deathly hallows, harry potter movies, industry insiders, million dollars, philosopher, potter film, studio bosses, us box office, warner bros, warner bros studio