‘Harry Potter And The Deathly…’ highest global grosserMarch 11th, 2011 - 8:34 pm ICT by IANS
London, March 11 (IANS) “Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 1″ has become the highest international grosser of “Harry Potter” franchise.
It has earned over $657 million at the world box office, reports contactmusic.com.
“It’s tremendously gratifying to reach this benchmark as we enter the final stretch of this remarkable journey. We share this achievement with Jo Rowling, whose books are the foundation of this rich and vibrant world, as well as the talented people who brought her vision to life on the screen,” Jeff Robinov, president of Warner Bros. Pictures Group, said in a statement.
Warner Bros. representative Veronika Kwan-Rubinek said: “These numbers speak to the phenomenal and enduring strength of this property, which has captivated audiences across all borders, regardless of age or culture.”
The success of the franchise has also made actors Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson and Rupert Grint - who play Harry Potter, Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley respectively - among Britain’s richest young celebrities.
“Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2″ will be the last of the historical “Harry Potter” franchise. It may hit the screens July 15.
- 'Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows Part 1' grosses $657 million - Mar 11, 2011
- Harry Potter casts' screen test revealed - Jun 08, 2011
- Harry Potter franchise to be honoured at this year's BAFTA awards - Feb 04, 2011
- Rupert Grint Goes All Out To Promote Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Sep 22, 2010
- 'Harry Potter' franchise crosses $7 bn mark - Jul 22, 2011
- Preview Of Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part I: Creepy And Nerve-Racking - Nov 13, 2010
- Harry Potter's Watson, Grint are Forbes' top-earning couple with $6.3bn - Jan 27, 2011
- Evil Lord Voldemort finally gets his hands on Harry Potter in last movie - Jun 29, 2010
- Emma Watson used tape to keep dress in place - Nov 12, 2010
- Warner Bros gifts diamond bracelet to Rowling - Jul 21, 2011
- 'Harry Potter...Deathly Hallows 2' - a shallow end (IANS Film Review) - Jul 15, 2011
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Box Office: Crown was its destiny - Nov 22, 2010
- Daniel Radcliffe: The Wealthiest British Actor In His 20s - Dec 02, 2010
- Final Harry Potter to get biggest send-off at Trafalgar Square - Mar 02, 2011
- Emma Watson 'had to grit her teeth during Potter kissing scenes' - Oct 23, 2010
Tags: daniel radcliffe, daniel radcliffe emma watson, daniel radcliffe emma watson and rupert grint, emma watson and rupert grint, final stretch, harry potter and the deathly hallows, harry potter hermione, harry potter hermione granger, hermione granger, jeff robinov, kwan, london march, remarkable journey, ron weasley, rowling, rupert grint, veronika, vibrant world, warner bros, young celebrities