Harry Potter actor hoping co-stars would end up in rehab!June 7th, 2009 - 1:00 pm ICT by ANI
London, June 7 (ANI): Harry Potter actor Jason Isaacs has joked that he hopes his co-stars Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson and Rupert Grint would “end up in rehab” to add more popularity to the series.
Isaacs, who portrays the character of Lucius Malfoy, said the franchise would reap in even more benefits if his fellow actors turned rebellious and created controversies.
“The problem with Harry Potter is that there is so little controversy,” The Telegraph quoted him as saying at the first night of Sister Act, the West End musical.
“It would be so great for the press if one of them would go off the rails and end up in rehab, but they are, actually, just really sweet guys,” he added.
The 46-year-old further praised the young stars for their talent and the way they kept their feet on the ground despite coming into spotlight at an early age.
He said: “They can fall backwards on their mountains of cash. It doesn’t matter. They’re really talented and they’ve got each other as close friends, which is all that matters because no one else has been through the same thing.
“What is amazing about them is that they are still respectful and have humility and work ethic. I have met and sometimes worked with their American equivalents and they have none of those things.
“Daniel will potentially be a great director or producer. He’s very interested in behind-the-camera work. Remember, they have spent more hours in front of the camera in the last decade than most people have in their entire career.” (ANI)
- Jason Isaacs praises young Potter stars for staying "grounded, humble" - Nov 13, 2010
- Daniel Radcliffe will quit acting for behind-the-camera work: Jason Isaacs - Jun 08, 2009
- Daniel Radcliffe to quit acting? - Jun 08, 2009
- Daniel Radcliffe helped Jason Isaacs create his scary Harry Potter look - Jun 17, 2010
- Radcliffe comfortable with nudity - Feb 01, 2012
- Grint from 'Harry Potter' to be a villain in Scorsese film - Jun 30, 2010
- Rupert Grint Goes All Out To Promote Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Sep 22, 2010
- Rupert Grint wants kids to read rape-and-violence fuelled book - Oct 03, 2010
- No Romance on Potter sets: Watson - Sep 07, 2009
- Daniel Radcliffe 'Wealthiest British Star Under 30' - Nov 30, 2010
- 'Harry Potter...Deathly Hallows 2' - a shallow end (IANS Film Review) - Jul 15, 2011
- Daniel Radcliffe Wants To Work With Emma Watson Again - Dec 01, 2010
- Radcliffe wants to ink out Harry Potter image with tattoos - Nov 05, 2010
- Daniel Radcliffe: The Wealthiest British Actor In His 20s - Dec 02, 2010
- Harry Potter's Tom Felton dismisses claims he fathered a secret child - Nov 26, 2010
Tags: actor jason isaacs, camera work, close friends, co stars, controversies, daniel radcliffe, daniel radcliffe emma watson, daniel radcliffe emma watson and rupert grint, emma watson and rupert grint, feet on the ground, fellow actors, harry potter actor, humility, last decade, lucius malfoy, none of those things, rupert grint, sister act, work ethic, young stars