Harrison Ford admits he’s a cleanliness freakJanuary 16th, 2011 - 3:51 pm ICT by ANI
Wellington, Jan 16 (ANI): Hollywood actor Harrison Ford has admitted that he enjoys completing household chores and loves nothing more than ‘cleaning up’.
The 68-year-old is celebrated for his roles in classic films such as the original ‘Star Wars’ trilogy and the ‘Indiana Jones’ franchise.
Despite leading a glamorous showbiz lifestyle, the actor conceded that home cooking is a pleasurable experience and tidying away afterwards is just as good fun.
“And don’t forget the cleaning up! That’s also enjoyable!’ Stuff.co.nz quoted him as telling British newspaper The Times.
Harrison, who had been a carpenter before making it big in movies, is disappointed that people in society no longer appear to enjoy the simple things in life.
The actor wishes people would indulge in manual pastimes rather than obsessing over modern technology. One of his biggest bugbears is when household appliances have been made shoddily.
“You can’t fix things because it’s cheaper to throw it away,’ he said.
“It’s made not to be fixed. It’s made to be out of date by the time it gets to be fixed, and it’s cheaper to get another. It’s a change, and it doesn’t feel like a good one, that people don’t know these simple things. Don’t have these simple pleasures, actually,’ the star added. (ANI)
- 70 pc of Brit women like doing housework - Nov 13, 2010
- 'Spousonomics' says economics is key to keeping marriage strong - Mar 10, 2011
- 3 out of 4 women don't like to purchase 'dry clean only' clothing - Jan 16, 2011
- For one-time carpenter Harrison Ford, acting is a craft - Jan 12, 2010
- Mumbai homes rap up work for World Cup final - Apr 02, 2011
- Ironing clothes is the way to a woman's heart! - Jul 08, 2010
- Grammer prefers changing baby's nappy himself - Sep 01, 2012
- Household chores can send BP soaring! - Jan 14, 2011
- Ford to do cameo in 'Blade Runner' sequel? - May 29, 2012
- Most British women like doing housework - Nov 14, 2010
- 'Maybe later' is the phrase most hectic parents use to delay kids' play request - May 20, 2010
- Bieber wants an acting career - Apr 14, 2011
- Katie Holmes cheers to 'great' marriage - Sep 04, 2011
- Jessica Parker is the boss at home - Dec 12, 2011
- 'Broke' Billy Boyd says he earned 'peanuts' from 'Lord of the Rings' trilogy - Aug 21, 2010
Tags: actor harrison ford, bugbears, carpenter, classic films, cleanliness, good fun, harrison ford, hollywood actor, home cooking, household appliances, household chores, indiana jones, modern technology, obsessing, original star wars trilogy, pastimes, pleasurable experience, showbiz, simple pleasures, star wars trilogy