Harrelson signs on for Stone’s Vietnam War drama ‘Pinkville’.November 14th, 2007 - 2:51 am ICT by admin
The massacre ended up being a turning point in the war.
Harrelson will play Col. Henderson, the conflicted officer in charge of the task force that committed the massacre, reports the Hollywood Reporter.
Willis is set to portray William R. Peers, the real-life Army general who investigated the incident while Tatum has signed on to play Hugh Thompson Jr., an Army helicopter pilot who aided the villagers and later testified against the soldiers.
Mikko Alanne wrote the script, with Tom Cruise’s United Artists financing the movie.
Production is set to begin next year, with MGM distributing.
This would be Stone’s fourth film on Vietnam War, followed by Oscar winner “Platoon,” “Heaven and Earth” and “Born on the Fourth of July.” (ANI)
- Shia LaBeouf To Get Into US Pilot’s Garb For Oliver Stone’s Pinkville - Dec 31, 2010
- Rapper Xzibit signs on for Stone's Vietnam War drama 'Pinkville' - Nov 14, 2007
- Writers strike puts Oliver Stones Pinkville on hold - Nov 19, 2007
- My Lai Massacre Recreated On "American Experience" - Apr 27, 2010
- Vietnamese say My Lai apology `better late than never' - Aug 24, 2009
- William Calley Apologizes Publicly For 'My Lai Massacre' - Aug 22, 2009
- 'The Eagle' fails to take flight (IANS Film Review) - Mar 26, 2011
- US shame still stings 40 years after My Lai massacre - Mar 15, 2008
- Peet, Connolly, Xzibit join X-Files movie cast - Dec 07, 2007
- Woody Harrelson convinced he won't win Oscar - Feb 16, 2010
- Soldier killed in Philippines accident - Jan 23, 2012
- Robert Pattinson voted World's Sexiest Man - Aug 18, 2010
- Timberlake made sex scenes fun: Mila Kunis - Dec 04, 2010
- Belgium begins troop withdrawal from Afghanistan - Aug 06, 2012
- First India-France army war game in Sept-Oct - Jul 29, 2011
Tags: army general, army helicopter pilot, born on the fourth of july, cast stars, channing tatum, heaven and earth, hollywood reporter, hugh thompson, mikko, my lai massacre, oscar winner, tom cruise, united artists, vietnam war, war drama, william r peers