Harman, Kareena named worst actors at Golden Kela awardsMarch 13th, 2010 - 1:14 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 12 (IANS) Bollywood actor Harman Baweja was named worst actor and Kareena Kapoor got the worst actress title Friday night at the second annual Golden Kela awards, a spin-off on Hollywood’s Razzies.
Baweja won the Worst Actor award for his performance in dud “What’s Your Raashee?” while Kareena was adjudged Worst Actress for her role in “Kambakkht Ishq”.
The chief guest of the evening was Bollywood funnyman Cyrus Broacha, who was awarded the Cyrus Broacha Memorial Award.
“It’s great. I’m thrilled. I hope to win this award every year,” Cyrus said in his cheeky fashion.
Filmmaker Madhur Bhandarkar won the “Bas Kijiye Bahut Ho Gaya (Please stop its Enough) Award”!, asking him to stop making films. In a great crossover moment, even Hollywood stars Sylvester Stallone and Denise Richards won the “Baawra Ho Gaya Hai Ke” (Have you gone muts) Award for participating in expensive flop “Kambakkht Ishq” alongside Kareena and Akshay Kumar.
The worst supporting actor (male and female) went to Ranvir Shorey and Deepika Padukone respectively for their roles in “Chandni Chowk To China”. While the worst film went to “Kambakkht Ishq”, Ashutosh Gowariker was declared worst director for “What’s Your Raashee?”.
The function at the India Habitat Centre here was complete with digs at actors, from old timers to the new ones.
After hearing open digs at veteran actors Rajendra Kumar, late Feroz Khan and filmmaker Yash Chopra, Cyrus said: “If we want to abuse, we should abuse everybody.”
Rahul Ram, the vocalist of popular band Indian Ocean performed a humorous take on the song “Nani teri morni..” and “Raat ke musafir”.
Jackky Bhagnani and Shruti Haasan were declared the worst newcomer actors for their roles in “Kal Kissne Dekha” and “Luck” respectively.
Rani Mukerji-starrer “Dil Bole Hadippa!” was given the Most Original Story award for being copied from Hollywood’s “She’s The Man” while her pairing with Shahid Kapoor in the same was named the Worst Pair.
In the special award winners category were director Kabir Khan and producer Aditya Chopra who were the recipients of a “Lajja” (Shame) Award for the Worst Treatment of a Serious Issue in “New York”, Abhishek Bachchan won the Dara Singh Award for worst accent in “Delhi-6″.
In the same category, an Insensitivity Award went to “Chandni Chowk To China” while a Black Award for Emotional Blackmail went to Amitabh Bachchan-starrer “Paa”.
None of the stars named for the awards were present at the gala.
Launched by Random magazine last year, the gala is a spin-off on Hollywood’s Golden Raspberry Awards, also known as the Razzies, which recognises the worst in cinema.
The categories and the nominees were shortlisted by the editorial board of the magazine and were selected via an online public poll on the website www.goldenkela.in.
- Sly, Denise Richards nominated for "Kela" awards for worst in Bollywood - Feb 23, 2010
- Shah Rukh, Sonam named worst actors at Golden Kela Awards - Mar 13, 2011
- Sonam, Ajay nominated for Golden Kela Award - Dec 22, 2011
- Imran, Deepika win worst actors Golden Kela - Apr 01, 2012
- It's an art to smile at failure: Cyrus Broacha - Mar 12, 2010
- Celebrities should support Bollywood's Razzies: Cyrus Broacha - Feb 26, 2011
- Abhishek Bachchan 'overjoyed' with worst accent award - Mar 13, 2010
- Check Out Hollywood's Worst Actors Nominees At The Razzie Awards - Jan 25, 2011
- 'Eclipse', 'The Last Airbender' up for nine Razzies - Jan 25, 2011
- The annual Razzies shortlist announced - Jan 07, 2011
- KJo's starstruck moment with Meryl Streep (Movie Snippets) - Feb 27, 2012
- 'The Last Airbender' dominates 2011 Razzie Awards - Feb 28, 2011
- Megan Fox, Jennifer Aniston, Kristen Stewart land Razzie nominations - Jan 25, 2011
- Lack of innocence in Hindi films worries Juhi (Movie Snippets) - Jul 19, 2012
- Sandler best amongst worst: Gets 11 Razzies nominations - Feb 26, 2012
Tags: akshay kumar, cyrus broacha, deepika padukone, feroz khan, harman baweja, india habitat centre, kareena kapoor, morni, musafir, old timers, popular band, rajendra kumar, rani mukerji, ranvir shorey, razzies, shahid kapoor, shruti haasan, sylvester stallone, veteran actors, yash chopra