Harman Baweja petrified about first live performanceMay 23rd, 2008 - 6:37 pm ICT by admin
Mumbai, May 23 (IANS) Harman Baweja, who will make his debut in the much talked about futuristic film “Love Story 2050″, will give his first live performance at the International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) awards in Bangkok. He says he is having cold feet about his first live act. “So far I’ve danced only in front of the camera and my bathroom mirror. So, I’m petrified,” Harman, who is slogging day and night to get his steps right for the performance, told IANS.
“I’m performing my love ballad ‘Milo na milo’ from ‘Love Story 2050′,” he added.
Shiamak Davar will choreograph the number for Harman at the IIFA, which Remo has originally done in the film.
“And look at Shiamak’s graciousness. He has decided to retain almost 60 percent of Remo’s steps so that he doesn’t feel the least offended. Normally, at events when other choreographers redo a number they transform it completely into their own idiom,” said Harman.
Harman has teamed up with Priyanka Chopra in the film, which is directed and produced by his father Harry Baweja. The film’s promos are on air and it is scheduled to hit the marque in July.
When asked if Priyanka would join him on stage, he said: “Not really, but she has her own performance. Now, of course, people will say she got me the IIFA performance, just as they are saying she got me ‘What’s Your Raashee’?” Harman ends sarcastically.
- Priyanka to pay tribute to Asha Bhosle at IIFA - Jun 24, 2011
- No plans other than acting: Harman Baweja - Jun 05, 2010
- Shiamak choreographs song for his student's film - Sep 05, 2011
- Bollywood choreographers and their weighty issues (With Images) - Jan 22, 2012
- Dance takes on a bigger role in cinema - Jul 14, 2012
- Don't call dance frivolous, says guru Shiamak Davar - Jul 07, 2012
- Harman's fitness mantra! (Film Snippets) - Jul 14, 2011
- Don't regret anything: Harman Baweja - Jul 08, 2011
- Rishi, Ranbir to perform together at IIFA? - Jun 01, 2012
- Harry Baweja Ventures Into Producing TV Serials - Sep 18, 2010
- Bollywood musical 'Zangoora' set for world tour in 2012 - Jun 25, 2011
- Shiamak Davar to judge Zee TV's 'Dance Ke Superstar' - Mar 28, 2011
- 'RA.One' third Indian film to cross Rs.100 crore mark - Oct 24, 2011
- Shiamak Davar wants to popularise pop with 'Shabop' (With Images) - Aug 20, 2012
- Shiamak, US troupe join for special kids - Aug 27, 2011
Tags: ballad, bangkok, bathroom mirror, choreographers, cold feet, davar, debut, film academy, film love story, futuristic film, harman baweja, harry baweja, iifa awards, indian film, live act, live performance, love story 2050, marque, priyanka chopra, promos