‘Harishchandrachi Factory’ out of Oscar raceJanuary 21st, 2010 - 2:49 am ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, Jan 21 (IANS) Marathi film “Harishchandrachi Factory”, India’s official entry for the Oscars, has been voted out in the Foreign Language Film category.
“Harishchandrachi Factory” is Mumbai-based theatre actor-director Paresh Mokashi’s debut film that is on the making of “Raja Harishchandra”, India’s first full length feature film made in 1913 by the pioneer of Indian cinema Dadasaheb Phalke.
Nine films have been selected for the next round of voting for the 82nd Academy Awards, said a press statement. 65 films had originally qualified in the category. The final list will be announced Feb 2, while the award ceremony will take place March 7.
The films competing for the next round are: Argentina, “El Secreto de Sus Ojos,” Juan Jose Campanella, director; Australia, “Samson & Delilah,” Warwick Thornton, director; Bulgaria, “The World Is Big and Salvation Lurks around the Corner,” Stephan Komandarev, director; France, “Un Prophète,” Jacques Audiard, director; Germany, “The White Ribbon,” Michael Haneke, director; Israel, “Ajami,” Scandar Copti and Yaron Shani, directors; Kazakhstan, “Kelin,” Ermek Tursunov, director; The Netherlands, “Winter in Wartime,” Martin Koolhoven, director; Peru, “The Milk of Sorrow,” Claudia Llosa, director.
- Indian entry Harishchandrachi Factory fails to make it to the Oscar nominations for the Best Foreign Film - Jan 21, 2010
- 'Harishchandrachi...' out of Oscar race, director unfazed - Jan 21, 2010
- Nine foreign films advance to next round of voting for Academy Awards - Jan 21, 2010
- Oscar nomination for Peruvian film generates excitement - Feb 04, 2010
- Puerto Rican band taps Oscar winner to direct video - Apr 17, 2012
- 'Harishchandrachi Factory' to be India's Oscar entry - Sep 20, 2009
- 'Harishchandrachi Factory' to be India's Oscar entry (Lead) - Sep 20, 2009
- Delhi and Pune to play host to sixth Spanish film festival - Mar 28, 2011
- Juhi Chawla misses entry to Oscars - Dec 12, 2009
- Major Winners of the 2010 Oscars, The Hurt Locker sweeps the awards - Mar 08, 2010
- Director Paresh Mokashi on India's Oscar entry Raja Harishchandrachi Factory - Feb 09, 2010
- Paresh Mokashi Takes Harishchandrachi Factory To The Oscars - Dec 19, 2009
- Marathi film 'Harishchandrachi Factory' is India's Oscar entry (Second Lead) - Sep 20, 2009
- Harishchandrachi Factory director struggling to get US visa - Oct 29, 2009
- "Avatar" and "The Hurt Locker" lead 82nd Academy Awards nominations - Feb 03, 2010
Tags: academy awards, ajami, award ceremony, copti, debut film, feb 2, film category, indian cinema, jacques audiard, juan jose campanella, language film, length feature, michael haneke, nine films, oscar race, raja harishchandra, samson delilah, shani, theatre actor, yaron