‘Har Pal’ not an art film: Preity Zinta (Film Snippets)March 29th, 2009 - 3:42 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, March 29 (IANS) Preity Zinta has rubbished reports that her next film “Har Pal” with multiple National Award wining director Jahnu Barua is an art film.
“Everyone thinks it’s an art film but it’s not. It’s a beautiful story with an amazing music. ‘Har Pal’ is super commercial,” Preity told IANS.
Slated for a summer release, the film also stars Shiney Ahuja, Dharmendra and Eesha Koppikhar.
Madhavan doesn’t mind playing second fiddle in Hindi films
Multilingual actor R. Madhavan, who was after a long time seen in a solo lead in recent horror film “13B”, doesn’t mind doing multi-starrer Hindi films.
Madhavan shot to fame in Bollywood with his debut movie “Rehnaa Hai Terre Dil Mein” (2001) and after that he was seen in solo lead in “Ramji Londonwaley” (2005).
“Solo leads were not in style after ‘Rehnaa Hai…’ or ‘Ramji Londonwaley’. And despite being multi-starrers, all my films have done very well both commercially and critically whether it is ‘Rang De Basanti’ or ‘Mumbai Meri Jaan’ for that matter,” Madhavan told IANS.
Purab Kohli mobbed by girls in Dubai
VJ-turned-actor Purab Kohli, who won accolades for his performance in the musical hit “Rock On!”, was recently mobbed by a group of girls in Dubai. The girls tore his waist coat, but he is not complaining.
“I was obviously not expecting a reaction like this from the girls. This came as a complete shock. But I am not complaining. Show me one guy who would not be thrilled to be in my shoes, or rather, clothes in this case,” Purab said in a press statement.
He was performing at the “Rock On concert” when a group of girls pulled him from the stage in an attempt to get closer to him. It took some manhandling before the actor managed to break free and got back on stage.
- Even stars are into multi-starrers: Shazahn Padamsee - Feb 25, 2012
- Top Six Composers For Six Vipul Shah Films - Oct 16, 2010
- "I am shameless; I surely enjoy all the attention"- R Madhavan - Jan 18, 2010
- Multi-starrers are important: Shreyas - Mar 20, 2012
- 'Ekk Deewana Tha' about thrills of first love (IANS Preview) - Feb 15, 2012
- 'Mr. Duplicate' a bad copy of 'Minnale' (Kannada Film Review) - Aug 06, 2011
- Dancing-fighting entertain, so why be 'thinking actor': Madhavan (Interview) - Jun 04, 2011
- I auditioned for Oscar-nominated Roland Joffe: Tusshar Kapoor - May 08, 2011
- Get set for comedy, thrillers in 2012 - Jan 01, 2012
- Riteish goes by audiences choice, accepts funny films - Jun 24, 2011
- FEATURE: Hero is dead: Actors turn to Multi Starrers to save career - Aug 27, 2009
- Vegetarian diet secret of Madhavan's cute looks - Feb 18, 2009
- Shiney hopes to shine again after 'Ghost' - Nov 28, 2011
- Knowing Proper Hindi Is The Success Formula In Bollywood Says Madhavan - Nov 15, 2010
- Nikhil Advani to make next film with seven beauties - Apr 06, 2012
Tags: art film, beautiful story, bollywood, debut movie, dharmendra, har, hindi films, horror film, jahnu barua, long time, mumbai meri jaan, playing second fiddle, preity zinta, purab kohli, r madhavan, ramji londonwaley, shiney ahuja, shock, snippets, vj