Happy to be considered dance symbol: HrithikJune 13th, 2011 - 7:51 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 13 (IANS) Hrithik Roshan is synonymous with precise and impressive dance moves and the star, set to make his small screen debut with a dance reality show, feels honoured when seen as a symbol for dance in the country.
“I find every dance difficult. Whenever I start rehearsals, I start from zero and I feel that I can’t do this. Then I slowly learn. I’m no god of dance, but I’m very happy with the fact that I have become a symbol for dance and that through me, so many other talented gods of dance will get an opportunity,” Hrithik told reporters here.
Hrithik will judge Star Plus’ reality show “Just Dance”, going on air Saturday.
“I’m blessed that I have become a symbol for something that stands for such a great talent. But I’m not the best dancer in the country, city or my neighbourhood. I’m just a very hardworking dancer,” he added.
Hrithik, who proved his dancing prowess in his first film “Kaho Naa Pyar Hai” itself, will judge the show along with choreographers Farah Khan and Vaibhavi Merchant.
The 37-year-old, who makes jaws drop with his impeccable moves and flexible dancing style, calls Michael Jackson and Shammi Kapoor his idols.
Asked how he manages so many things together, Hrithik said: “The definition of a successful man is not depending on how much money a person has earned or how much fame he has, it is about how he manages his time.”
“If you are a slave to your time, then you can’t be successful man. The person who takes out time for everything he wants to do, that person is truly successful. Time management is important. It’s an everyday practice that I’m learning and I need to learn. There are too many things happening so I need to improve my time management techniques,” he added.
- I want to be like Hrithik Roshan: 'DID Li'l Masters 2' winner (With Images) - Aug 13, 2012
- Shammi Kapoor is the god of dance: Hrithik Roshan - Feb 17, 2011
- 'Just Dance' winner wants to become the best dancer - Oct 02, 2011
- Shammi Kapoor's death shocks Kannada film industry - Aug 14, 2011
- Veteran actor Shammi Kapoor is dead (Fourth Lead) - Aug 14, 2011
- Woo Hrithik with your dance steps on 'Just Dance' (With Image) - Feb 16, 2011
- Bollywood choreographers and their weighty issues (With Images) - Jan 22, 2012
- Only talent required to fulfil Bollywood dreams: Mithun - Dec 06, 2011
- Whats The Origin Of Hrithik-Aishwarya's Sizzling Chemistry? - Nov 18, 2010
- Hrithik perfects himself for TV role (Movie Snippets) - May 23, 2011
- Indian TV projects unhappy lives: Karan Johar (Interview) - Jun 13, 2012
- Madhuri wants Gene Kelly's tap dancing shoes (Movie Snippets) - Jun 25, 2012
- I value India's rich culture: Brazilian choreographer (With Images) - Dec 22, 2011
- Arjun feels like vampire (Movie Snippets) - Dec 17, 2011
- Hrithik Is Jackky's Inspiration - Jun 28, 2010
Tags: choreographers, dance moves, dancer, everyday practice, farah khan, god of dance, gods of dance, hrithik roshan, jaws, many things, neighbourhood, prowess, reality show, rehearsals, screen debut, shammi kapoor, successful man, successful time management, time management techniques, vaibhavi merchant