‘Happy New Year’ will go on floors this year: Farah Khan (Lead, Superseding earlier story)May 12th, 2009 - 12:56 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 12 (IANS) Bollywood’s ace director Farah Khan says she will start filming her next film “Happy New Year”, which will have Shah Rukh Khan in the lead role, this year, denying reports that the movie has been postponed to next year.
“‘Happy New Year’ will definitely start this year, no matter what. I’m working on the script. It might go on floors on Dec 31, but I’m sure it will begin this year,” Farah told IANS over phone from Mumbai.
“It is quite strange that people spread these irresponsible and baseless rumours… Shah Rukh and I don’t even know from where such rumours originate,” she added.
After directing two blockbusters “Main Hoon Na” (2004) and “Om Shanti Om” (2007), Farah will complete her hat-trick with Shah Rukh with “Happy New Year”. Like her first two directorial ventures, this one will also be produced by Red Chillies Entertainment.
Farah started her stint as a choreographer with the song “Pehla Nasha” for Aamir Khan starrer “Jo Jeeta Woh Sikandar” (1992) and the song was a huge hit. Later she choreographed prominent numbers in films like “Dil To Pagal Hai”, “Kaho Na Pyaar Hai”, “Dil Chahta Hai”, “Monsoon Wedding”, “Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham”, “Krrish”, “Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna” and “Dostana” among others.
Winner of five Filmfare awards, Farah was also honoured with the National Award in 2004 for directing Hrithik Roshan in the song “Idhar chala main” for “Koi… Mil Gaya”.
Recently, her name was announced for the International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) award for the best choreography in the song “Desi girl” for “Dostana”.
However, she is not sure whether she will be able to attend the final ceremony in June in Macau.
“I don’t think I’ll be able to go this year because of my kids and other commitments. Although I am trying my best to make it. I’m really glad that I got the award for this song,” said Farah who gave birth to triplets - Anya, Diva and Czar - last year.
She also added that working on this song was a delight, although making John Abraham dance was a task.
“I loved choreographing ‘Desi girl’. The best part was that I had to make two guys dance so passionately. I have a great rapport with Abhishek (Bachchan) so working with him on the song was great. Priyanka (Chopra), I knew is a fabulous dancer so I was not tense on that front.
“My main concern was John (Abraham) because he is not known to be a dancer. Still he worked quite hard and I think he did a great job in the song,” she said.
So what does this multifaceted personality enjoy doing most?
“The most I like doing is playing with my three kids. Then on the professional front, I love directing a film, it’s very exciting. Choreographing comes a close second and then I enjoy being on reality shows,” said Farah who will be donning another cap, this time as a chat show host.
The 44-year-old will host “Tere Mere Beech Mein” being produced by 3’s Company, which is owned by her and her husband Shirish Kunder.
“I’ll be hosting the chat show from next month on STAR TV. It won’t be just another celebrity talk show. The show will be based on a specific topic every week. Two guest celebrities and a common man will be interviewed in each episode,” said Farah who judged dance reality shows “Nach Baliye” as well as “Jhalak Dikhla Jaa”.
- 'Happy New Year' will go on floors this year: Farah Khan - May 12, 2009
- Everybody fights and reunites, why criticise us: Farah - Jul 31, 2012
- Farah Khan on patch up spree! - Jan 13, 2011
- From director to actor, role reversal is in - Aug 30, 2012
- KJo wants Ravi to dance on Bhojpuri songs (Movie Snippets) - Jun 30, 2012
- (VM) I just got lucky, says SRK on 20 years in B-Town - Jun 25, 2012
- 'Now people respect dance as career' - Jan 20, 2012
- Katrina joins star parade with 'Sheila ki jawani' dance - Nov 30, 2010
- Dance takes on a bigger role in cinema - Jul 14, 2012
- David Dhawan's son launched on dad's birthday - Aug 16, 2011
- Ranbir, Vidya named best actors at Apsara Awards - Jan 26, 2012
- Shah Rukh feels Roman love (Movie Snippets) - Nov 02, 2010
- Akshay's role in 'Tees Maar Khan' inspired by Robin Hood: Farah - May 02, 2010
- SRK, Hrithik, Priyanka shake a leg at album launch - Aug 30, 2011
- 'Happy New Year' goes on floors in December - Jul 26, 2012
Tags: aamir khan, chillies, dil chahta, farah khan, film academy, filmfare awards, final ceremony, happy new year, hat trick, hrithik roshan, indian film, jeeta, kaho, monsoon wedding, nasha, om shanti, red chillies entertainment, shah rukh khan, sikandar, woh