‘Happy Mondays’ don’t plan any major reformDecember 6th, 2011 - 1:09 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
London, Dec 5 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The band Happy Mondays have launched their comeback indicating that they don’t plan to make any major reforms as far as their current lineup are concerned, a rep of the band as told reporters.
The British newspaper The Sun reported on Monday that the band plans to get together and they will concentrate on touring and making full documentary next year. The previous re-unions of the band failed but a source told The Sun that the band is currently optimistic about a future together.
The newspaper report quoted a source as saying that, “After the success of The Stone Roses reunion, there’s a real clamor to get the group back on the road and document it properly. Shaun and his brother Paul have a notoriously patchy relationship but they’re willing to sort things out for the sake of the band.”
The source claimed that the band has already started receiving offers from several places. The source said Sky and Film4 have all contacted the group about the intended documentary. The band is also expected to re-release their classic album Pills ‘n’ Thrills And Bellyaches.
The first time that the group got back together was in 1999. After they failed to stay together, they tried again in 2004 and that did not either.
- Is Jesy Nelson dating Jordan Banjo? - Mar 06, 2012
- Stone Roses to announce their reunion - Oct 17, 2011
- Backstreet Boys plan cruise concert - Sep 01, 2012
- Unheard Pink Floyd tracks released - May 11, 2011
- Robbie Williams to quit Take That? - Jan 20, 2011
- I don't need Spice Girls reunion : Mel C - Dec 03, 2011
- Blur to receive The Outstanding Contribution nod at the Brit Awards 2012 - Dec 20, 2011
- NBC to cut royal wedding coverage as Wills, Kate deemed 'too boring' - Apr 18, 2011
- Reggaeton duo film documentary in Cuba - Jan 31, 2012
- Terror on celluloid: Documentaries, movies tracking Osama - May 02, 2011
- ABBA may reunite for one-off charity gig - Jan 03, 2011
- Take That ban alcohol on tour - Jul 22, 2010
- 184.108.40.206.11.11.11 - a unique alumni reunion! - Nov 10, 2011
- Westlife to part ways - Oct 21, 2011
- Price, Andre plan family reunion on Christmas - Dec 04, 2010