Happy Birthday Chunky Pandey!September 26th, 2008 - 1:50 pm ICT by Amrit Rashmisrisethi
Chunky Pandey, turns 46 today. The Indian film actor, whose real name is Suyash Sharad Panday also known as “Chandrakant Pandey” and started his career in 1987 in the movie “Daraar”. The actor’s first break was in 1988 , after playing a role in the movie Tezaab as Munna. He received a nomination for the best supporting actor from his performance in the film.
In 1980’s and 1990’s , he came in many hit films and also paired in a block buster film with Govinda in Aankhen (1993) and with Sunny Deol in Paap Ki Duniya (1988), Vishwatma (1992) and Lootere (1993) all of which were box office hits. The actor was always preferred for playing a supporting role and his movies didn’t do well for playing a lead.
In 1980’s Chunkey Pandey became a superstar in Bangladesh and that is where his career rised. In spite of that , Chunkey starring in numerous Bengali movies but had never spoken Bengali and his voice was dubbed over.
Chunky made a come back to Bollywood in 2005, after playing D - Underworld Baadshah, in Ram Gopal Varma’s gangster thriller. In 2006 he won praise for his comical performance as a Nepali gangster in Apna Sapna Money Money , also appeared in Fool n Final.
Apart from having a come back in the Indian industry, he is also involved in a business ‘Bollywood Electric’ which hosts stage shows. He and his wife Bhavna also run a health food restaurant in Mumbai. Currently a judge in a very popular indian reality show, zara nachke dikha.
Image Courtesy - Dale Bhagwagar Media Group
- Chunky enjoys humour connect with young fans - Jul 26, 2012
- Chunky Pandey says happy playing second lead in films - Jun 16, 2010
- A dog got paid more than me in film: Chunky Panday - Sep 18, 2008
- After Big B and SRK, Chunky to play 'Don' - Nov 14, 2008
- Kolkata celebrities lukewarm to Messi match - Aug 30, 2011
- Chunky Demands Royalty For Chulbul Panday - Jul 27, 2010
- Congress parliamentarian wants ban on 'Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum' - Aug 17, 2012
- 'Multiplexes are eating away good cinema' - Jan 24, 2010
- Anil, Chunky come together after 20 years - Jun 16, 2009
- Satish Kaushik's 'Mayanagri' to roll in September - May 19, 2012
- Shiney slaps notice to Micromax on 'Bai' commercial - Oct 24, 2011
- Naseer teams up with son Vivaan for 'Mastaan' - Mar 26, 2012
- 'Ra.One' will be path-breaking: Arjun Rampal (Movie Snippets) - May 25, 2010
- Chunky's Twitter Impersonator - Jun 08, 2010
- Naxals are not terrorists: Suniel Shetty (Film Snippets) - Jun 15, 2010