‘Hangover Part II’ tops US box officeMay 30th, 2011 - 2:13 pm ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, May 30 (IANS) Todd Phillips’ “The Hangover Part II” has triumphed at the domestic box office by raking in $118.1 million in the first four days of its release.
The sequel, starring Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms and Zach Galifianakis, is expected to gross another $20 million Monday. The film grossed $16.4 million in Britain, the best ever launch for a US comedy.
“This blows everything out of the water. It’s pretty amazing stuff. Moviegoers love all the characters, and they love the story,” hollywoodreporter.com quoted Dan Fellman, Warner Bros. president of domestic distribution, as saying.
DreamWorks Animation and Paramount’s “Kung Fu Panda 2″ also contributed to the boom, grossing $53.8 million in its first four days. The 3D toon should end Monday with a five-day total of $68.2.
“We’re thrilled to have Kung Fu Panda be part of this record-breaking weekend. We came in at high end of expectations. We played very strong to families and kids, who made up 60 percent of our audience,” said Anne Globe, DreamWorks Animation president for marketing.
- DreamWorks China venture to produce first animation film - Mar 20, 2012
- Brangelina's kids don't find them cool - Dec 09, 2011
- James Cameron to co-produce 3D film in China - Aug 09, 2012
- 'Hangover III' to be filmed in September - Mar 24, 2012
- 'Kung Fu Panda' lawsuit goes forward - Dec 08, 2010
- DreamWorks Studio Launches Kung Fu Panda Virtual World - Apr 13, 2010
- 'Kung Fu Panda 2' breaks China records, earns 11 mn pounds - Jun 06, 2011
- Mel Gibson to star in 'Hangover-2' - Oct 20, 2010
- 'The Hangover II' music to hit shelves May 23 - Apr 15, 2011
- Heather Graham won't reprise her stripper role in 'The Hangover 2' - Oct 16, 2010
- Zach Galifianakis reveals the plot of 'Hangover 3' - Jun 09, 2011
- Kung Fu Panda sequel set for 2011 in 3D - Oct 02, 2008
- Cooper confirms third 'Hangover' movie - Dec 05, 2011
- Charlie Kaufman to polish Kung Fu Panda - May 15, 2010
- Mel Gibson Axed From "The Hangover 2": Zach Galifianakis The Reason? - Oct 25, 2010
Tags: 1 million, amazing stuff, boom, bradley cooper, domestic box office, domestic distribution, dreamworks, dreamworks animation, ed helms, globe, hangover, kung fu panda, launch, panda, paramount, sequel, todd phillips, toon, warner bros, zach galifianakis