Halliwell’s emotional Olympic performanceAugust 21st, 2012 - 9:01 am ICT by IANS
London, Aug 21 (IANS) Singer Geri Halliwell’s performance during the London Olympics closing ceremony was sweet and sad for her.
The 40-year-old’s late father’s birth anniversary fell on the same day, when they performed in London Aug 12.
“Sadly he died six months before the Spice Girls, when I was 21. So doing the Olympics on his birthday was so sweet and poignant for me,” hellomagazine quoted Halliwell as saying.
“It was a wake-up call, dealing with that pain and loss, then turning it into drive,” she added.
The Spice Girls reunited after four years to perform on their famous songs, “Wannabe” and “Spice up your life”.
- Olympic rehearsals made Halliwell's birthday bizarre - Aug 28, 2012
- Spice Girls rock at closing ceremony - Aug 13, 2012
- Spice Girls to unite again for Olympic closing ceremony (Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- Jessie J blown away by Olympic closing ceremony - Aug 14, 2012
- Spice Girls may perform at Olympic closing ceremony - Jul 20, 2012
- Spice Girls reunite in London - Jun 27, 2012
- Spice Girls could play at London Olympic opening ceremony - Apr 27, 2011
- Mel C unaware of Halliwell, Brand affair - Aug 31, 2012
- Halliwell hopes to convince Posh for Olympics gig - Jan 31, 2011
- Halliwell wants 'Spice Girls' reunion at Olympics - Apr 28, 2011
- Mel B regrets missing Queen's celebrations - Jun 06, 2012
- Perry, Mayer reconcile? - Sep 07, 2012
- Spice Girls call fan support for Olympics 2012 gig - Oct 18, 2010
- Brand, Halliwell part ways? - Sep 04, 2012
- Spice Girls to perform at opening ceremony for London 2012 Olympics - Nov 01, 2009