Halle Berry’s ‘Amicable Split’ Could Become A Custody BattleMay 19th, 2010 - 11:40 pm ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
May 19 (THAINDIAN NEWS) When the news first came out that Halle Berry and Gabriel Aubry were splitting up, it seemed that the couple had everything under control, and the split would be a peaceful one, however, Berry’s upcoming three month trip to South Africa to film a movie has recently thrown a monkey-wrench into the works, since daddy is not ready to be away from his baby girl for quite so long.
Although they have managed to reach a temporary agreement, the couple have been experiencing serious issues over the custody of their two year old daughter, Nahla. Previous to the decision by Berry to spend three months in South Africa to work, everything was going pretty smoothly with an informal 50/50 split of custody, with Berry maintaining primary custody. But now, with Berry expecting to be in South Africa on location from July until September, Aubry became quite upset, especially when Berry turned down the suggestion by her ex love to leave Nahla with him for those three months.
Aubry began to think maybe it is time for him to seek permanent custody of the child himself. A source shared with ‘Radar Online’ how Aubry had reportedly came to this conclusion, “It’s been pretty difficult for Gabriel to see Nahla the last few weeks, he’s really getting sick of it and it’s getting to the point where he is seriously considering his options regarding pursuing permanent custody. He refuses to give up rights to his daughter, he loves her more than anything and is determined to be a regular, full time fixture in her life.”
Thankfully, the couple has managed to, once again, handle the situation amicably and peacefully for the time being. Berry has agreed to let Aubry go with her and Nahla to Africa as the child’s caregiver while she works. “Halle has a huge house that’s being rented for her and she and Gabriel are going to try to live under the same roof and get along for the sake of Nahla,” the source shared.
- Halle Berry's Ex-Boyfriend Gabriel Aubry Files For Joint Custody Of Daughter Along With Paternity Claims - Jan 19, 2011
- Halle Berry Refuses To Give Up On Custody Battle - May 22, 2010
- Gabriel Aubry not to be charged for battery - Feb 18, 2012
- Halle Berry and Gabriel Aubry involved in a custody battle over their daughter Nahla - May 19, 2010
- Halle Berry's custody battle for daughter gets uglier - Feb 03, 2011
- Halle Berry accuses ex for imperilling child's safety - Jun 29, 2011
- Berry's ex-boyfriend wants joint custody of daughter - Jan 19, 2011
- Halle Berry, ex-beau to live together this summer - May 20, 2010
- Berry's ex asks her to pay $20,000 per month - Mar 05, 2012
- Halle Berry to fight for custody of daughter - Feb 01, 2011
- Halle Berry And Gabriel Aubry Battles Over The Custody Of Their Daughter - Jan 20, 2011
- Halle Berry's daughter needs counselling - Jan 31, 2012
- Halle Berry's Ex, Gabriel Aubry, Requests The Judiciary To Pronounce Him Formally As The Daddy Of Their 2-year-old Nahla - Jan 19, 2011
- Halle Berry’s Ex-Beau Gabriel Aubry Files For Joint Custody Of Daughter Nahla - Jan 19, 2011
- Court allows Berry to take daughter to New York - Feb 17, 2011