Halle Berry opens up about her ‘white racist’ role in new movieDecember 3rd, 2010 - 6:02 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Dec 03 (ANI): Oscar-winner Halle Berry has opened up about the role she plays in her upcoming flick ‘Frankie and Alice’.
In the new psychological drama, she’s a woman suffering with multiple personality disorder.
The movie is based on a true story of a black woman who struggles to retain her true self and not give in to her ‘white racist’ alter personality.
“A black woman who splits off into a white racist, right there that’s got to be a story worth telling,” Fox News quoted Berry as telling Pop Tarts at the film’s Hollywood premiere.
“I really wanted to understand how that could happen, why that would happen and I wanted to see her journey of how she healed herself because our character actually triumphs,” she said.
Most importantly, the 44-year-old actress wants ‘Frankie & Alice’ to draw attention to mental illness.
“We should talk about it, I hope this movie incites people to talk about the issue. I see homeless people on the street and I think people think they’re just derelicts or drug addicts, but many of them really suffer with real mental issues,” added the former Bond girl. (ANI)
- Halle Berry says 'Frankie and Alice' stripper role was easy - Dec 02, 2010
- Tyler Perry bags big awards at NAACP - Mar 07, 2011
- Radcliffe wants to visit Indian ghost town (With Images) - Jan 26, 2012
- Halle Berry not playing Oprah Winfrey in biopic - Nov 14, 2010
- Black woman held in Britain for racist rant - Aug 22, 2012
- Jolie doesn't want her film to be 'too heavy' - Nov 23, 2010
- Zac Efron, Halle Berry And Sarah Jessica Parker To Celebrate New Year’s Eve With Other A-listers - Dec 16, 2010
- 'The King's Speech' rules at Golden Globe nominations (Lead) - Dec 14, 2010
- Halle Berry feels her 'daughter is black' - Feb 08, 2011
- Halle Berry braves cold to finish 'Frankie and Alice' - Dec 31, 2008
- Watson confirms doing 'Perks Of Being A Wallflower' - Feb 11, 2011
- My daughter is black because of the 'one-drop theory', says Halle Berry - Feb 09, 2011
- Police on the look out for intruder who entered Halle Berry's house - Jul 11, 2011
- I had a complete emotional breakdown: Jolie - Jan 15, 2012
- 'Hereafter' is good but non-engaging (IANS Movie Review) - Mar 12, 2011
Tags: alice, black woman, bond girl, derelicts, drug addicts, flick, fox news, halle berry, hollywood premiere, homeless people, mental illness, multiple personality disorder, oscar winner, pop tarts, psychological drama, racist right, triumphs, true self, true story, woman suffering