Halle Berry opens up about her childhood traumaDecember 25th, 2010 - 4:43 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Dec 25 (ANI): In an interview, Halle Berry has made a startling admission about her childhood.
The actress bared her early days trauma on CNN’s Alina Cho as part of her special, ‘Big Stars, Big Giving.’
“I think I’ve spent my adult life dealing with the sense of low self-esteem that sort of implanted in me. Somehow I felt not worthy, ” the New York Post quoted her as saying.
Berry described how her crusade to help domestic violence victims comes from watching her mother being abused by her late father.
She wondered, terrified, “If I would get beat up, if I would get kicked down the stairs . . . before I’m Halle Berry, I’m little Halle who was a little girl growing in this environment that damaged me in some ways, and I’ve spent my adult life trying to really heal from that.”
Asked if she’s made any wrong choices in partners, she said, “As a result of my early years and some other choices my mother made. Choices that, you know, we often repeat what is taught us. So it is my job to . . . change the legacy.” (ANI)
- Halle Berry struggles with low self esteem - Dec 29, 2010
- It's daughter over work for Halle Berry! - Jan 04, 2011
- My daughter is black because of the 'one-drop theory', says Halle Berry - Feb 09, 2011
- Alba happier than ever - Jan 20, 2012
- Oprah gets special farewell from Tom Cruise, Beyonce - May 18, 2011
- Raquel Welch sympathises with Lohan - Aug 31, 2011
- Berry keeps shoes for daughter - Apr 21, 2012
- Ke$ha 'disappointed' by Grammys snub - Feb 13, 2011
- Bikini-clad Imogen Thomas back in the swing of stripping off - May 04, 2011
- Nicole Scherzinger sizzles in wet t-shirt on Maxim cover - Jun 18, 2010
- Halle Berry to fight for custody of daughter - Feb 01, 2011
- Berry shocked by own decision to re-marry - Apr 17, 2012
- Teacher Emma Johnson, Mother of Whoopi Goldberg Dies - Sep 09, 2010
- Halle Berry hits back at paparazzi - Apr 27, 2012
- Nicki Minaj motivated by mother - Apr 26, 2011
Tags: actress, adult life, alina cho, childhood trauma, cnn, crusade, dec 25, domestic violence victims, halle berry, job, legacy, little girl, low self esteem, new york dec, new york post, stairs, startling admission, wrong choices