Halle Berry feels her ‘daughter is black’February 8th, 2011 - 1:31 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb 08 (ANI): Halle Berry feels that her two-year-old daughter Nahla, who is at the centre of a bitter custody battle, is black.
Her comment emerged a week after the fight between Berry and her ex boyfriend Gabriel Aubry over their daughter turned ugly.
“I feel like she’s black. I’m black and I’m her mother and I believe in the one-drop theory,” the Daily Mail quoted her as telling Ebony magazine.
When asked to define her daughter’s race, Berry - who has both white and African-American heritage, said, “What I think is that that’s something she’s going to have to decide.
“I’m not going to put a label on it. I had to decide for myself and that’s what she’s going to have to decide - how she identifies herself in the world.
“And I think, largely, that will be based on how the world identifies her. That’s how I identified myself.
“But I feel like she’s black,” she added. (ANI)
- My daughter is black because of the 'one-drop theory', says Halle Berry - Feb 09, 2011
- Halle Berry opens up about Gabriel Aubry split - Aug 13, 2010
- Halle Berry wants to have more kids - Nov 26, 2010
- It's daughter over work for Halle Berry! - Jan 04, 2011
- Halle Berry 'dropped out of movie to avoid leaving daughter with ex' - Feb 05, 2011
- Halle Berry has 'cut herself off from her family' claims estranged sister - Feb 21, 2011
- Halle Berry desperate to have another baby - Nov 26, 2010
- Halle Berry, ex-beau share strong bond - Aug 13, 2010
- Halle Berry's allegations are untrue and irresponsible, says ex-beau - Feb 02, 2011
- Halle Berry's ex 'files legal papers to end child custody battle' - Feb 17, 2011
- Halle Berry's custody battle for daughter gets uglier - Feb 03, 2011
- Halle Berry, ex-beau to live together this summer - May 20, 2010
- Gabriel Aubry not to be charged for battery - Feb 18, 2012
- Halle Berry Tells About Her Split To Vogue - Aug 16, 2010
- Halle Berry considering San Francisco move - Aug 21, 2010