Haji Mastan’s daughter files affidavit against Balaji TelefilmsJuly 27th, 2010 - 8:01 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 27 (IANS) Mafia don Haji Mastan’s daughter Shamshad Supariwala Tuesday filed an additional affidavit in a city court against Balaji Telefilms, the producers of “Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai”, demanding that they be shown the film before its release.
“We have filed an additional affidavit against the film. On one side the people behind the film are saying that the film is not based on Haji Mastan and they will issue a disclaimer stating the same, but on the other hand the actors in the film are repeatedly referring to Haji Mastan,” Supariwala’s lawyer Shushma Mishra told reporters here.
“Actor Ajay Devgn says in his interview that he is playing Haji Mastan. Even Kangana Ranaut is saying that she is playing Mastan’s wife.
“We have demanded that the script of the film should be shown to us so that we can demand editing of the parts that we find are unacceptable,” she added.
The affidavit filed in the city civil court in Churchgate Tuesday will be heard Thursday.
“I only want to say that if my father’s image is defamed, I will surely protest,” said Supariwala.
Produced by Balaji and Popcorn Entertainment, the underworld saga has been directed by Milan Luthria. Releasing Friday, it also stars Emraan Hashmi and Prachi Desai.
This is not the first time the movie has faced legal trouble. Earlier, Haji Mastan’s adopted son filed a suit for an injunction order against the movie’s release, but a city civil court refused to stay its release.
However, the court had directed the makers of the film to have a disclaimer at the beginning that the film has no resemblance with the life of Mastan, who died in 1994.
- It's not Haji Mastan's life story: Ajay Devgn (Interview) - Jul 30, 2010
- Balaji's "Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai" in the clear - Jul 28, 2010
- Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai To Release With A Disclaimer - Jul 21, 2010
- Smugglers, cabaret - 1970s era comes alive in 'Once Upon...' (IANS Preview) - Jul 26, 2010
- 'Once Upon...' has 'Don'-like background score: Milan Luthria - Jul 30, 2010
- Haji Mastan's Son Wants Ban On Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai - Jul 20, 2010
- Big B's unexpected reference in 'Once Upon...' - Jul 29, 2010
- It's The 'Don' Thing: Milan Luthria Burns The Midnight Oil To Get A Don-Like Back Ground Score - Jul 30, 2010
- The Big B's Unexpected Guest Appearance With Devgn - Jul 29, 2010
- Bollywood actor Ajay Devgan talks about his film 'Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai' - Jul 30, 2010
- Ajay Devgn's Look In Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai Inspired By Amitabh Bachchan In Deewar - Jun 10, 2010
- Smokers' Victory: Censors Allow Ajay Devgn To Smoke Throughout - Jul 29, 2010
- Luthria to jazz up 'Once Upon...2' with flamboyance, music - Feb 20, 2012
- A sequel to 'Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai' isn't far: Ekta Kapoor - Nov 08, 2010
- No more films for Sonali after 'Once Upon...' - Aug 22, 2012
Tags: actors, affidavit, balaji telefilms, churchgate, city civil court, emraan hashmi, haji mastan, injunction order, kangana ranaut, lawyer, legal trouble, mafia don, milan, mishra, popcorn, prachi desai, producers, resemblance, saga, underworld