Hadawale wanted to make ‘Dekh Indian Circus’ with RaniMay 31st, 2012 - 3:30 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 31 (IANS) National Award winning filmmaker Mangesh Hadawale, whose second film “Dekh Indian Circus” has garnered positive response at film festivals, says his first choice for the lead actress was Rani Mukerji, but finally he made it with Tannishtha Chatterjee.
“Before approaching Tannishtha, I had approached Rani Mukerji. She really liked the script but because of the date issue, she could not do the role. I had also approached Chitrangada Singh for the same role,” Hadawale told IANS.
The director says Rani’s presence in the film would have helped him in reaching out to a wider audience.
“Had Rani done this film, no doubt the film would have been much bigger. With Rani’s presence, the film’s reach would have been wider. But somehow things didn’t work out. But still I am happy, the film has been appreciated well,” Hadawale said.
“Dekh Indian Circus” also features Nawazuddin Siddiqui and it is slated for an August release. The film is said to be about the problems faced by a family staying in a village in Rajasthan and also depicts the aspirations of rural India.
Hadawale says that the script demanded a dusky face.
“The story is based in a Rajasthani area. The people out there have a gypsy look and wear cotton fabric clothes. The entire thing was very rooted. They are extremely beautiful, but with an urban look,” he said.
Hadawale’s first film “Tingya” had won many awards.
- Tannishtha, Nawazuddin win big award at NY film fest - May 31, 2012
- Imtiaz Ali lends support to 'Dekh Indian Circus' (With Images) - May 11, 2012
- Juhi, Sonakshi go on shopping spree at Patiala (Snippets) - Aug 16, 2012
- Actors are selfish as compared to directors: Nawazuddin - Jun 10, 2012
- Nawazuddin gets late recognition, says it's never too late - Jun 03, 2012
- Imtiaz Ali was offered lead in 'Dekh India Circus' (Movie Snippets) - May 28, 2012
- 'Bhopal - A Prayer...' will revive memories of tragedy: Tannishtha Chatterjee (Interview) - Aug 23, 2010
- Bollywood embracing trash of the west: Tannishtha Chatterjee - Jun 05, 2012
- Nawazuddin feels training must for actors - May 27, 2012
- Our society has double standards: Tannishtha - Aug 08, 2012
- Tannishtha first Indian to co-host APSA - Nov 17, 2011
- Nawaz, Manoj turn revolutionaries for 'Chittagong' (Movie Snippets) - Sep 07, 2012
- 'Joker' release date not shifted: Kunder (Movie Snippets) - May 15, 2012
- National Award winning actor appeals to Government for a home - Sep 12, 2009
- Tannishtha sang and composed song in 'Road, Movie' - Feb 14, 2010
Tags: actress, aspirations, audience, chatterjee, cotton fabric, fabric clothes, film festivals, first choice, gypsy, India, indian circus, mumbai, no doubt, presence, rajasthan, rani mukerji, siddiqui