Gyllenhaal faces jury service as part of misdemeanour battery trialJanuary 28th, 2009 - 5:23 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, January 28 (ANI): Hollywood actor Jake Gyllenhaal was reportedly seen checking in at a Los Angeles court as part of the jury selection process on Tuesday, in connection with an upcoming misdemeanour battery trial.
According to TMZ.com, the 28-year-old star went through court questioning in a private room to determine juror suitability.
He will be returning to court on Wednesday to find out whether he has been picked, reports Contactmusic.
Madonna was considered for jury service in the city last year, but was dismissed by the judge during the selection process.
Actors Forest Whitaker and Don Cheadle also managed to escape the civic duty.
However, Steve Carell was elected to serve on a jury during an employment dispute case in January last year. (ANI)
- Gyllenhaal set to be a juror in real life - Jan 28, 2009
- Mel Gibson may counter sue Oksana Grigorieva - Mar 15, 2011
- Sean Young arrested for Oscar party scuffle - Feb 27, 2012
- Is Romance Blossoming Again Between Jake Gyllenhaal And Jenny Lewis? - Jan 18, 2011
- Grigorieva may sue Gibson - Mar 13, 2011
- Will Ferrell to enter The Office along the lines of Steve Carell - Jan 27, 2011
- Jury selection on in Mumbai terror trial in Chicago - May 17, 2011
- Briton gets 18-year jail for slitting woman's throat - Apr 21, 2012
- Have Taylor Swift And Jake Gyllenhaal Patched Up? - Jan 22, 2011
- Steve Carell receives sixth Emmy award nomination - Jul 18, 2011
- Roger Clemens trial to begin on Wednesday - Jul 11, 2011
- Justice Elena Kagan Not Selected For Jury Duty - Jan 21, 2011
- Wesley Snipes' lawyers file fresh appeal against his 3-year prison term - Dec 18, 2010
- Woman faces murderous attack after calling off marriage - Apr 22, 2012
- Taylor Swift Says Good Bye To Jake Gyllenhaal With 2010 - Jan 05, 2011
Tags: actors, civic duty, contactmusic, don cheadle, employment dispute, forest whitaker, hollywood, hollywood actor, jake gyllenhaal, juror, jury selection process, jury service, madonna, old star, private room, steve carell, suitability