Gwyneth Paltrow to Focus on Goop.comJune 5th, 2009 - 7:46 pm ICT by GD
Gwyneth Paltrow is reportedly planning to terminate her contract with beauty giant Estee Lauder so that she can focus on her website Goop.com.
Speaking about why she began Goop.com, Gwyneth said, “I felt like I had a lot of really useful information that I was privileged enough to get, because I have this amazing, super, fortunate life.” Noble thought indeed, even if most of her information is for the really privileged and not those who cannot afford the big names. She does have something to offer those not belonging to the A-list. She knows a few famous people in the beauty business and they share their remedies with Gwyneth on her website.
For example, make-up specialist Prema Dubroff says that oatmeal and honey mixed together make a great face scrub. Or that a chilled spoon placed on the eye or cotton wool soaked in cold milk can reduce morning puffiness of the eyes and take away that tired-eye look. Celebrity hairstylist Harry Josh says spraying dry shampoo on the roots of hair and around the greasy parts of hair works well if you do not have the time to wash your hair. Also, olive oil left in the hair and then exposed to the sun for the heat can work very well to fight frizz and leave hair softer and shinier.
The expert advice applies to men too. Cheri Keating advises men to use YSL L’homme Radiant Touch for Men under the eyes for getting rid of the puffiness and brightening up the under eye area. Another advice is to use a light exfoliating scrub before shaving and to use a conditioner rather than shaving cream to avoid bumps after shaving.
Goop.com does have some remedies for the less-moneyed, but what is frightening is, Gwyneth has said that she wants to “become an Oprah Winfrey-like lifestyle guru”.
- Paltrow launches T-shirt, denim collection - Jul 09, 2012
- Courteney Cox helms beauty blog - Jul 13, 2011
- Gwyneth grows salvia in her garden - May 12, 2011
- Paltrow offers hangover cures - Dec 30, 2011
- Cameron Diaz pens down nutrition book - Jun 13, 2012
- Gwyneth Paltrow joins Twitter - Jun 02, 2011
- Gwyneth Paltrow unveils her 'Guide to London' - Apr 02, 2009
- Paltrow gets greenfield to edit newsletter - May 20, 2012
- Paltrow slams media for criticism of her health and lifestyle website - Feb 27, 2009
- Gwyneth Paltrow writes a guide to London - Apr 03, 2009
- Gwyneth Paltrow slammed for copying website - Feb 09, 2009
- Gwyneth Paltrow doesn't care if people are mean to her about Goop - Feb 01, 2011
- Gwyneth Paltrow offers addiction advice - May 29, 2009
- Busy Gwyneth Paltrow exercises in the shower! - Jan 15, 2011
- Madonna upset with daughter's hair - Aug 03, 2012
Tags: beauty business, celebrity hairstylist, cheri, cold milk, cotton wool, dry shampoo, estee lauder, expert advice, eye area, famous people, fortunate life, gwyneth paltrow, oatmeal, olive oil, oprah winfrey, radiant touch, scrub, shaving cream, tired eye, ysl