Gwyneth Paltrow slammed for copying websiteFebruary 9th, 2009 - 2:01 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Feb 9 (ANI): Hollywood actress Gwyneth Paltrow’’s hedonistic website Goop.com, which gives information about her fitness regimen, has been slammed by a journalist and holistic website founder Mary Kate Hearon, who says that the actress website is an imitation of her TheWeeklyBeet.com.
Paltrows site has posts by her in which she gives advices about how to dress, cook and detoxify.
“If your bowel movements get sluggish, you can accelerate things by drinking half a cup of castor oil or using a mild herbal laxative, the New York Daily News quoted Gwyneth, as stating on Goop.com.
However, Hearon has lashed out at the Iron Man actress, saying that she lacks creativity and innovation, as her website is a mere imitation of her The WeekblyBeet.com.
“This is pretty scandalous. People deserve to know [Paltrow''s] idea isn”t her own - or creative, for that matter! . . . A few years ago, I had e-mailed Gwyneth’’s best friend . . . when I was living in London (developing The Weekly Beet, which I started in 2004). I asked her to e-mail Gwyneth The Beet because I was excited for her to read it since she was one of the few celebs into alternative medicine, Hearon stated on her Facebook page.
“The way she(Gwyneth) treated me was so scary! She was sooooooo nasty to me, it was scandalous! [Husband] Chris [Martin], the utmost gentleman, stood to shake my hand, but she smirked and was silent when I asked how her dinner was . . . I never thought in a million years she”d . . . create her own site very similar to The Weekly Beet . . . [Goop has] the therapies I”ve tried, the foods I love, the detoxes that work! A lot of the same stuff! Hearon added.
However, Hearons allegations are lacking authenticity, as the sites have very less similarity.
“She’’s never even heard of [Hearon]. This is ridiculous, a pal of Gwyneths said.
On the other hand, Gwyneths representative declined to comment on the issue. (ANI)
- Paltrow launches T-shirt, denim collection - Jul 09, 2012
- Courteney Cox helms beauty blog - Jul 13, 2011
- Gwyneth grows salvia in her garden - May 12, 2011
- Paltrow gets greenfield to edit newsletter - May 20, 2012
- Paltrow offers hangover cures - Dec 30, 2011
- Cameron Diaz pens down nutrition book - Jun 13, 2012
- Gwyneth Paltrow joins Twitter - Jun 02, 2011
- Paltrow obsession for bees - Mar 16, 2012
- Teri Hatcher to launch her women-centric website - Mar 31, 2010
- Gwyneth Paltrow picks Coldplay songs for party playlist - May 15, 2009
- Gwyneth Paltrow's Emmy dress is a hit - Sep 19, 2011
- Gwyneth Paltrow doesn't care if people are mean to her about Goop - Feb 01, 2011
- Gwyneth Paltrow is the new face of Coach - Apr 26, 2011
- Paltrow pulled over by police - Jun 21, 2011
- Gwyneth Paltrow unveils her 'Guide to London' - Apr 02, 2009
Tags: actress gwyneth paltrow, alternative medicine, beet, bowel movements, castor oil, chris martin, creativity and innovation, detoxify, e mail, fitness regimen, gwyneth paltrow, hearon, herbal laxative, hollywood actress, iron man, living in london, mary kate, million years, new york daily news, york daily news