Gwyneth Paltrow doesn’t care if people are mean to her about GoopFebruary 1st, 2011 - 6:43 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb 1 (ANI): Actress Gwyneth Paltrow has revealed that there was a time when she had almost stopped her lifestyle newsletter Goop after people criticised her for it.
Paltrow, 38, told Harper’s Bazaar that people were being mean to her because of the newsletter, which she had launched in September 2008, to dish out advice to her readers and encourage them to “nourish the inner aspect”.
But her endeavours ended up being labelled as pretentious and out of touch by some commentators.
“There were a couple of times when I thought I’m just gonna stop doing it. People are so mean to me. I don’t want to do it,” the Daily Mail quoted her as saying.
“But then I was like, ‘Who cares what some lame person out there says?’ I was in Italy once, and this old man came up to me and said, ‘I had the best time in Nashville because of Goop’. And that is so worth it to me.
“Any time you do anything with any degree of sincerity, people make fun of you. That’s totally fine. I don’t care. I don’t read any of it.
“My thing with Goop has always been, if you don’t like it, then don’t log onto it,” she added. (ANI)
- Paltrow feels depression was good for her - Jan 13, 2012
- Why you can't 'afford to follow' Gwyneth Paltrow's GOOP advice - Jan 15, 2011
- Paltrow gets greenfield to edit newsletter - May 20, 2012
- Cameron Diaz pens down nutrition book - Jun 13, 2012
- Busy Gwyneth Paltrow exercises in the shower! - Jan 15, 2011
- Gwyneth Paltrow gets body odour from trying on too many dresses - Jan 15, 2011
- Trainer kicked my sagging ass into shape, says Gwyneth Paltrow - Feb 19, 2010
- Germs good for my kids: Gwyneth Paltrow - Sep 12, 2012
- Chew well, keep slim, says Paltrow - May 11, 2012
- Gwyneth Paltrow prescribes dirty martini, other cocktails to "nourish the inner aspect" - Jan 01, 2010
- I'm obsessed with Gwyneth: Rihanna - Apr 11, 2012
- Gwyneth Paltrow suggests "investing" to "nourish the inner aspect" - Oct 06, 2009
- Paltrow obsession for bees - Mar 16, 2012
- Paltrow's formula to "nourish the inner aspect" - Bibimbop - Sep 17, 2009
- Gwyneth Paltrow suggests "SIN-amon Rolls" to "nourish the inner aspect" - Oct 31, 2009