Gwyneth Paltrow calls for reduction in oil useJuly 2nd, 2010 - 5:52 pm ICT by ANI
London, July 02 (ANI): American actress Gwyneth Paltrow is inspiring people to become more eco-friendly following the Gulf Coast oil spill.
Paltrow is angry with the thousands of gallons of crude that spewed into the sea after a BP rig ruptured in April 2010.
The ‘Iron Man’ actress is convinced that the tragedy should encourage the use of renewable energy sources over fossil fuels.
And she is urging her fans to contribute to the cause by using environment friendly appliances.
The 37-year-old actress has distributed tips and advice in her weekly Goop newsletter, including passages from a book by environmentalist Amanda Little and lists of everyday hints that can help families be environment friendly.
Paltrow advised the use of energy-saving light bulbs, installation of proper home insulation and reducing meat consumption.
Paltrow also stressed the benefits of recycling, swapping cars for public transport and cutting down on air travel.
“Not only do we need to understand the ways in which fossil fuel consumption has shaped us, but what we can now do to lessen or even end our dependence on this dwindling resource,” the Daily Star quoted Paltrow as saying. (ANI)
- Paltrow gets greenfield to edit newsletter - May 20, 2012
- Cameron Diaz pens down nutrition book - Jun 13, 2012
- Paltrow offers hangover cures - Dec 30, 2011
- Gwyneth Paltrow doesn't care if people are mean to her about Goop - Feb 01, 2011
- Paltrow obsession for bees - Mar 16, 2012
- Trainer kicked my sagging ass into shape, says Gwyneth Paltrow - Feb 19, 2010
- Gwyneth Paltrow suggests "investing" to "nourish the inner aspect" - Oct 06, 2009
- Busy Gwyneth Paltrow exercises in the shower! - Jan 15, 2011
- Paltrow's tips for summer looks - May 19, 2011
- Gwyneth grows salvia in her garden - May 12, 2011
- Victoria Beckham turns writer for pal! - May 11, 2010
- Compact fluorescent energy saving lamp 'better than incandescent bulbs' - Oct 23, 2010
- Gwyneth Paltrow opens up about her battle with post-partum depression - Jul 23, 2010
- Courteney Cox helms beauty blog - Jul 13, 2011
- Gwyneth Paltrow recommends self-designed shoes - Dec 05, 2009
Tags: actress gwyneth paltrow, american actress, bp rig, daily star, dependence, energy saving light bulbs, environmentalist, fossil fuel consumption, fossil fuels, gulf coast, gwyneth paltrow, home insulation, inspiring people, iron man, meat consumption, oil spill, public transport, renewable energy sources, saving light bulbs, swapping cars