Gwyneth gets the Hindu slamMay 20th, 2009 - 12:53 am ICT by Sampurn Wire
Gwyneth Paltrow has incurred the wrath of Hindu scholars.
The actress has been criticized for using religious terminology to promote her ‘mundane’ weekly Goop blog.
US Hindu leader Rajan Zed has reportedly said the actress should learn more about the ancient religion before using taglines like ‘nourish the inner aspect’ on her website.
He strongly feels that the stylish actress is leading impressionable minds astray by suggesting her weekly musings are deep and philosophical — and then just writing about material, “external” matters.
He’s said: ‘There are not many deep, spiritual and philosophical thoughts in the blog, which are an essential part of nourishing the inner self. The actress needs to grow-up and stop writing about mundane topics like ”Boots by Gucci”, ”Banana Pancakes”, ”The Hungry Cat” and ”Tweezerman” — in which she talks about taming the unruly eyebrows of men.”
He’s added: “Instead, she needs to talk about topics like realising self, immortality, deeper reality, eternity, soul, inner realms of the mind and spirit, pure consciousness. That’s if she’s truly serious about inner aspect.”
Hindus around the world are super sensitive about the whole religion thing. Gwyneth needs to be aware about such things before blurting out things like that. - Sampurn Media
- Hindus slam Paltrow's blog over usage of religious terminology - May 19, 2009
- Hindu leader Zed describes Hollywood star Paltrow's new venture as "too mundane" - May 18, 2009
- Hollywood star Paltrow finally removes "nourish the inner aspect" tagline from her blog - Jul 12, 2010
- Gwyneth Paltrow suggests "SIN-amon Rolls" to "nourish the inner aspect" - Oct 31, 2009
- Gwyneth Paltrow recommends self-designed shoes - Dec 05, 2009
- Paltrow's formula to "nourish the inner aspect" - Bibimbop - Sep 17, 2009
- o "nourish the inner aspect", Gwyneth Paltrow okays Morocco hotel where suite can cost $8116 - Dec 21, 2009
- Gwyneth Paltrow's formula to nourish the inner aspect: Bibimbop - Sep 17, 2009
- Gwyneth Paltrow recommends poached shrimp with wine to "nourish the inner aspect" - Oct 18, 2009
- Gwyneth Paltrow prescribes dirty martini, other cocktails to "nourish the inner aspect" - Jan 01, 2010
- Gwyneth Paltrow recommends poached shrimp with wine to "nourish the inner aspect" - Oct 19, 2009
- Paltrow endorses "gourmet taco trucks" to "nourish the inner aspect" - Oct 24, 2009
- Gwyneth Paltrow doesn't care if people are mean to her about Goop - Feb 01, 2011
- Gwyneth Paltrow suggests "investing" to "nourish the inner aspect" - Oct 06, 2009
- Paltrow gets greenfield to edit newsletter - May 20, 2012
Tags: ancient religion, banana pancakes, external matters, eyebrows, goop, gwyneth paltrow, hindu leader, hindu scholars, hindus, hungry cat, immortality, impressionable minds, inner aspect, mind and spirit, musings, philosophical thoughts, rajan zed, religious terminology, tweezerman, wrath